Teenage Voting

No, the worst word in the dictionary. It's the word your parents, teachers, and friends always say, but you never want to hear. You associate it with freedom and privileges, because for every single day before you turn eighteen you have no voice. If you had a voice, you would be able to vote on presidencies, initiatives and other political issues. If we are the future, shouldn't we have a voice in the Present?

MisplacedTexan14 said...
even though you cant vote, doesnt mean you cant be involved. I cant even drive yet, but I can campaign for people, go to rallies and all sorts of other things. Prove you know enough to make a responsilbe decision when you're 18 by getting involved and learning.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
the only reason someone younger than eighteen should vote is if they pay a certain amount of taxes or they serve in the military. Seventeen year olds in the military (the youngest allowed to serve, only with parental consent and a high school diploma) should have the right to vote, but I think 18 is a good age. Teens these days also need to learn to wait for some things.