....and the land of the free and the home of the brave.... | Teen Ink

....and the land of the free and the home of the brave....

January 7, 2011
By NicoleTynez GOLD, Hendo, Kentucky
NicoleTynez GOLD, Hendo, Kentucky
18 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is only what you make of it and their are no second chances of life you only got one shot


Introduction
Do you think about the freedoms we have that other countries don’t? I always think of our freedoms because I think about what if I lived in China and how I would probably be an orphan because of the child limitation law. We as Americans have more power over our government and the way we live.
Women Rights
Unlike other countries women have the same equal rights as men. In most countries women can’t own their own land or have the right to speak what they feel. But in America women can vote, run for president, or any other government official. Also, in America anything a man can do a women can basically do the same. For example men and women can both play sports. Baseball is played by mostly men but women may play too. Also in some countries women cannot show skin, like their hands, feet, or arms. I am proud to be able to show and use what God gave me isn’t that part of being an American?
Representation
In America we also have a say what law passes. We also provide voting for citizens 18 years or older. This gives a fair chance for all people to have a say for who will get in office or what law will get passed or knocked out. In America we all have a say in what we believe and I appreciate this right. Back when England ruled America we fought over representation because we were being taxed without having any of our representatives there to tell how we feel. We called this taxation without representation. Since then America has grown to let the people have a say in what goes on in our country.
Freedom of Religion
Religion is something everyone has. It’s a belief, the way you think. You have the right to choose your own religion, you don’t have to have one either. Government and religion are separate and is not as much a problem as it is in other countries. For example in Afghanistan their religion and government are together and this is what causes wars. Fighting over beliefs is a lost cause and people lose loved ones because of it. Why can’t there be peace and people come together with their differences? My best friend Caleb lost his uncle (who is my cousin) to a bomber. It was a huge loss for us. Violence is not the way to go in my outlook in life but if protection is what we need to stay safe I’m for it.
Conclusion
America is not only the land of the free it’s the home of many brave people. America is near and dear to our hearts and we stand up to keep our freedom and what we believe in. If I didn’t live in America I don’t know if I would ever have the rights that I do today as an average 14 year old who is proud to be an American. I am proud to be an American and like my state motto (Kentucky) says “UNITED WE STAND DIVIDE WE FALL!”


The author's comments:
i think we should be proud of what we have as americans