Everybody Should Get Tax Cutshgb

There has been a huge controversy about if there should be tax cuts for the "rich." First of all, I'd just like to say that you can't just define someone as rich by the income they get. My family gets a higher income than some others, but we have 7 children at home, 10 in all. My parents have to support all those kids, and my mom doesn't work. I don't think it's fair to just make it so that people with a higher income have to pay a higher percentage of taxes as someone with a less income. I agree with the Republican view of the tax cuts. If some people get tax cuts, everyone should get tax cuts. Yes, you do get tax cuts for having a lot of children, but if you still have to pay a lot of money for taxes, then you don't reallly have that much money anymore, therefore, you're not rich. How come, since my dad has been working for the same company for years and can't retire for like 9 more, how come he has to pay a lot of money in taxes, and someone that doesn't work as much as my dad, is paying less in the percentage of taxes. Right now, "rich" people are paying around 35% of their income, our country is talking about increasing that to around 39%. People in the middle class only have to pay around 20%. My family recently made a trip to Florida. It wouldn't be very fair if since we didn't get tax cuts, we couldn't go but someone in the middle class could go, because they got tax cuts and we didn't, but my dad is working his bottom off to get the income he gets. Also, I'd just like to bring up the point that some scholarships you can't be available for them if you get within a certain bracket of income. My family has a lot of kids to support, clothing, food, heating and electricity bills, gas and lots of other things for those kids. So, why should I not get accepted for a scholarship just because my family has a certain income. It's not very fair. One last point I'd like to bring up is the equaility of everyone, if some people are getting tax cuts, why can't others? The government should just set a percent and not make it matter what your income is, otherwise, they're singling people out and then we aren't equal anymore. If one class gets tax cuts, everybody should.

WrItEr2010 said...

i am also saying that we should just get one percentage, no matter what amount of money you make. there are circumstances such as yours, where i sympathize, but the government shouldn't be setting higher tax percentages for one person and not another. they shouldn't look at your income to tell what taxes you pay

AMP1 said...
I think maybe the should just deside who's rich or poor better if they really decide how you say the do. Take in to account the number of kids your parents are supporting. But honestly my family is considered poor because my mother is handicap and cannot work. Not because she's lazy. And we do not have our dad to support us either because they are deviored. So the only income we get is what my brother makes puting boxes into trucks at at Fed Ex. Which isn't much He works hard but doesnt have the... (more »)

Treefiddy replied...
Dec. 23, 2010 at 1:28 am :

First of all, I sympathize with your situation. It is unfortunate that things happen to us which are beyond our control. That is unfortunately, the nature of the human condition.

Nobody is calling your or your family lazy because you struggle to pay bills and make ends meet. You hardships should be assisted by your fellow men, not a faceless bureaucrat. The people at your local church or place of worship may have a charity set up to help provide food and assistance for your family.

... (more »)

WrItEr2010 said...
by the way! Sorry for spelling cuts wrong. I must've accidentally pressed buttons.

Treefiddy said...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 4:49 am:

The federal government has no legitimate businesses creating very arbitrary means and definitions of valuing one person by the amount of money that they make. The idea that the government can lable somebody as "rich" or "poor" frightens me. Where do these people come up with these standards?

As it is today, 50 percent people pay no federal income taxes and receive money back on their tax returns. All of the class warfare about how the rich don't pay their fair share (another arbitrary ... (more »)

Treefiddy replied...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 12:38 pm :
Also, just to clarify, there are no tax cuts. The objective to to maintain the status quo on the Bush-era tax cuts which set to expire January 1, 2011. It would be fantastic if taxes were to be cut, but that isn't a reality under the current Congress. All that suits them is the class-warfare populism which helped to get them kicked out of office last month in droves.