Minimum Wage | Teen Ink

Minimum Wage

December 1, 2010
By emilyy99 BRONZE, Brewerton, New York
emilyy99 BRONZE, Brewerton, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Many people today in society seem to think that it would be a good idea to raise the minimum wage. I however have my own point of view on this topic. I think that the minimum wage is fine where it is at, and doesn't need to be changed. If the minimum wage is raised then manufacturers and retailers would have to change the prices on their goods and services they provide to offset the higher costs in labor. Another thing about raising the minimum wage is that employees that already make more then minimum wage would not get a salary increase so they would be able to purchase less. People must understand that in nature, not everyone is going to have the opportunities that others do. No matter what they do about the minimum wage debate, in a nation you will always have the lower, middle, and higher classes in the society.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by this topic to write about because I have been hearing about this problem going on throughout the nation and i really felt it was necessary to write an article about my own personal opinions.