Minimum Wage

Many people today in society seem to think that it would be a good idea to raise the minimum wage. I however have my own point of view on this topic. I think that the minimum wage is fine where it is at, and doesn't need to be changed. If the minimum wage is raised then manufacturers and retailers would have to change the prices on their goods and services they provide to offset the higher costs in labor. Another thing about raising the minimum wage is that employees that already make more then minimum wage would not get a salary increase so they would be able to purchase less. People must understand that in nature, not everyone is going to have the opportunities that others do. No matter what they do about the minimum wage debate, in a nation you will always have the lower, middle, and higher classes in the society.

Treefiddy said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 am

There shouldn't even be a minimum wage law. In regards to the minimum wage, people should be asking if it is bettering the circumstances of impoverished people, to give them a benefit to raising themselves out of poverty, as they are the ones generally who the minimum wage applies to. According to the evidence, the minimum wage law does not only not improve the economic circumstances of the poor and the unskilled, it worsens it.

If an employer is hiring people for a job which requires ... (more »)