Democrats say "Blah Blah Blah" Republicans say "yak yak yak" | Teen Ink

Democrats say "Blah Blah Blah" Republicans say "yak yak yak"

I walked to the bus stop one morning in an uncaring mood. No problem in my world: the worries of my country being a vague shadow to my current standing. When Bush was in office Many people both supported and opposed him, and steadily began to dwell more on opposition. His time in office only progressed the United States further downhill. Obama one his election promising change, but most people would have elected any powerful speaker riding a donkey and promising change;especially if they rode a donkey. I wont deny it, I was for Obama as well, but at the bus stop and then at school all I heard was talk of his failures.
At this point I was not shocked though, I too had to recognize the harsh progress Obama has made. What really got to me was that the same people who supported him and opposed bush now supported bush and opposed obama. Its as if the only difference between now and the last Presidential era is that people support the republican party again, even an uncaring school boy can't ignore something so obvious, and while people continue debating over which side is good and bad the country dies at just enough of a pace to notice.
George Washington once stated "Political Parties will be the death of this country" I'm far too amazed at how his prophecy is coming to pass.

on Nov. 23 2010 at 4:51 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Forget political parties for a moment. There are two ideologies which are distinctly different from eachother and have greatly different goals for the future of this country. One party wants to "transform" the United States into a European-style social welfare state, and the other party wants to promote uphold a free-market society which gives creedence and worth to the individual rather than the collective. The point isn't so much the parties, but the desired ends they seek and the means they will use to achieve those desired ends.

I listen to this President speak as he assaults capitalism both in terms of his language and his policies and what he wants to make this country into. There is a point to parties. People need to draw conclusions based on two different and distinct philosophical, political, cultural ideologies.

This isn't people rooting for a sports team, this is people fighting for the heart and soul of their country. What is happening in our country today, this is what is going to decide what our country will become.

In my opinion, America is becoming a less-free, more rigidly taxed, over-regulated, oppressive welfare state. If this country continues at this pace towards greater government control over the economy, and by extention, our livelihoods, the United States will collapse. If it does not collapse economically, it will fall into an arbitrary and unrecognizable political and economic system which it was never meant to become.

So when people say, "I don't vote for the party, I vote for the candidate", I get confused. If that's true, you're not voting for any ideology or some belief system, you're voting for a man (or a woman) in a suit.

I will vote for anybody who will uphold my values.