STOP THE HATERATION! | Teen Ink

STOP THE HATERATION!

November 2, 2010
By hopesmiley BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
hopesmiley BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Fall down seven, get up eight."


Okay. I'm about fed up with the little bit I've read concerning Obama. You people must have no idea what you're talking about! Look, I don't like Obama, but I'm not gonna bash the guy. Heck, I wouldn't want to be in his position either. He's done several things wrong. 1. He promised people hope, and gave people the impression that he's superhero or something. Wrong! Only God can save us. 2. He's focusing on all the wrong stuff...like, dude, healthcare wasn't a problem till you made it one. 3. He needs to realize he is not the best thing to happen since sliced cheese and take the advice of people who know shat they're talking about.

All that criticism said, I'll give it to Obama, he's hanging in there. Under that tough exterior is a soft interior. He underestimated how tough the job would be and didn't live up to his promises, but he is human! Rather than rag on the man in charge of the country and your computer screen at home, why not write him a nicely worded letter, or call his office...or protest. Something other than just complain! The American people run this country, not no president! We seem to have forgotten.
And to address someone saying that we know little of Obama, just google his name. We do know Obama. He attended Columbia and Harvard so he is not uneducated. Please people, just stop hating on the man. Bush got us where we are, and Obama's trying to fix it. He's doing a poor job of it in my opinion, but why don't you or I try, and see how easy it is. It's not. If we feel so strongly about our issues, we need to get up and do something.
So, like I said...I don't like Obama, but I respect him. How can I not. You have to respect somebody trying to help you, it's the only way others will respect you.
On a final note though, since everyone one is in an anti-democratic mood, Republicans were in power two years ago. So, most of the problems we have are because of Republicans! Go ahead! Vote them back in, and see where it gets you. Democratic are trying to evoke change. but it takes more than two years to change things! Come on people, be patient. After all, patience is a virtue. And I don't care, my president is black, and he's doing the best he can.