The Effects Of Genocide | Teen Ink

The Effects Of Genocide

By cullen1234 BRONZE, Castleton, New York
cullen1234 BRONZE, Castleton, New York

If genocide stops, then many more people in the future will not be dislocated or killed for what they believe in.

One of the biggest problems in today’s world is genocide. Genocide is probably the worst form of killing because it kills so many people of one race or religion. In Bosnia during the genocide that took place in the early 1990s over a religious dispute. In a city called Srebrenica over 8,000 men and boys were killed in a factory. Those people where then buried in a mass grave. As If that wasn’t enough when the Red Cross and other Organizations were about to find the mass graves the Serbs moved the graves to another hidden location. Since the Holocaust that was the worst genocide ever.

There have been seven major genocides since 1900. These seven genocides are, Bosnia-Herzegovina: 1992-1995, Rwanda: 1994,Pol Pot in Cambodia: 1975-1979, Nazi Holocaust: 1938-1945 , Rape of Nanking: 1937-1938 , Stalin's Forced Famine: 1932-1933, Armenians in Turkey: 1915-1918 . In just those seven incidents over 17,800,000 people died. Also those seven that I just listed are just the major ones. There have been many others including the conflict in Sudan. Genocide also separates and dislocates many families. In Sudan when the Muslims tried to take over the Christians and kill all boys and men many of the boys fled and never saw their parents again.

Many more people in the future will not be dislocated or killed if and only if genocide stops.