Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Pass It On. | Teen Ink

Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Pass It On.

By JayR51795 BRONZE, Lake Charles, Louisiana
JayR51795 BRONZE, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said “Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”

Mark Twain said “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” I’m going to add to that Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes.
Make changes in what ever you believe needs to be changed. I have and will forever never understand why we are so misunderstood, as teenagers we are not entitled to the respect, and sometimes the rights that we need. So we need to fight not with violence but with our hearts and our souls don’t let anyone stop you from saying what you believe or believe in.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said “Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Dr. Martin was saying just cause you don’t see someone making that change that you believe should be changed don’t wait till someone does. Start a campaign. Start to explore the facts. Start to dream of the changes that may come from what you are doing. Start Discovering the possibilities that you may succeed. And Keep on making changes don’t stop there, keep going make it bigger.

Im going to add on once more to Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Let’s say Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Pass It On. Alice Walker said at a interview broadcast on Nov. 11, 2008 “This is how change happens. It is a relay race, and we're very aware of that, that our job really is to do our part of the race, and then we pass it on, and then someone picks it up, and it keeps going. And that is how it is. And we can do this, as a planet, with the awareness that we may not get it, you know, today, but there's always a tomorrow.

There will be a tomorrow why not makes it better, improve today to make a better tomorrow. Pass on your fight. Pass on your Campaign. . Pass on What You Believe. To start to End this, Casey Stengel said “There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, “What happened?”. Be the person that makes this happen, don’t be the person that asks what happened. The best way to predict the future is to create it. Let’s create a better future, for us, for those to be born after we descend into Gods hands. Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Pass It On. For the future, for our kids, for ourselves. We cannot discover new oceans until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore.( Muriel Chen) Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. (African proverb) Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Lastly, George Carlin said I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. Let’s put a dollar in the change machine of the world. And make sure that change comes out of the machine. Lets not hope for just four quarters, Lets hope for 100 lets strive for the most. Think of that dollar as you or me we may be a dollar but we are worth 100 dollars. Lets be that 100 dollars and make a change worth of millions, billions, trillions. Ut lets differentia, lets make a difference. Explore. Dream. Discover. Make Changes. Pass It On. Twenty years from now lets be more happier by the things we did do.. Because we sailed away from the safe harbor. We caught the trade winds in our sails. And we made our way and we found new seas. Seas of change!

Friday, October 08, 2010 my 6th hour English 2 class read the I Have been to the mountaintop speech by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.. And through that speech a lot came to me, that we as people should still be open and fighting for change. I believe that change will start with the teenagers of today and tomorrow although we have to fight to get ourselves heard it will be worth it once we do.