Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

The reasons why America should help Israel.

on Aug. 11 2011 at 4:13 am

- Joshua Eibelman

When you say this, remember that when America helps Israel, Israel helps America. It's a two-way street.

swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I believe that this is just an article that isn't backed well with legit information. There is so much more than us just, 'helping them' with their issues. We have to care for our own people, and consider in all of the factors like economic expenses and such when considering helping Israel.

on Aug. 7 2011 at 9:02 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Now I understand why the fight against terrorism is so hard: because of people like you!

on Aug. 7 2011 at 7:40 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Let me give you a history Lesson: After the Holocaust, the Jews needed their own land. Israel was the chosen land because the Jews owned the land historically, and the world owed this to them because of the horrendous things that happened during the holocaust. When the Jews came to Israel, they didn't try to make the Palestinians leave, they tried to live in peace with them. But the Palestinians started the conflict, therefore making it impossible to live peacfully. By the wy, if you say the Israelis are terrorists, you are a terrorist yourself.

DesertFox94 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
Yea, it was the British who moved the native palenstenians from their OWN land to make for the Jews. I would be kinda mad if someone took over my house and claimed that it was their "original birthrite".

And don't think that the Israelites haven't commited their own terrorism. 

- Joshua Eibelman

I agree with you Treefiddy! You are the smartest one in this conversation

- Joshua Eibelman

I think YOU should get your facts straight. When you read the news onece in a blue moon you'll see that first, Israel gave Palestine GAZA. They were using it for terrorists acts, and that's why they had to stop it.

- Joshua Eibelman

I'm sorry Tango, but "dogs" is the only correct way of calling them. They're always trying to erase Israel off the face of the earth, and this is their consequence.

- Joshua Eibelman

I strongly agree with you, Treefiddy! We should team up and writ an essay that only talks about terrorism! I feel that we have the same opinions about this.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I rather disagree, my right-winged friend. I see that terrorists are both worthy of life and very human. They think they are doing right, so they deserve life; they only need to be reasoned with. I repeat: research three cups of tea.

Tango PLATINUM said...
Tango PLATINUM, Fountain Valley, California

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Thomas Paine

Dogs? How dare you say such a thing.  This is something called the degradation of human species my 'dear friend.'  Get your facts straight.  These people are  innocent, trapped inside Gaza, confused about what their future holds for them.  And you call them dogs?  Honestly, shame on you for saying such a thing.  Jewish or Palestinian, people are human, and they are dying each and every day because of the blockade around Gaza.

Tango PLATINUM said...

Get your facts straight.

Am I trying to deny Israel is a Jewish state? No.  What I am trying to say is you are completely uneducated if you think Gaza is governed by terrorists.  Gaza is governed by HUMAN BEINGS, TRUE AND HONEST PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FIND AN END TO THIS MESS, NOT SUICIDE BOMBERS. 

The fact that Gaza isn't governed by terrorists isn't an opinion smart one, is is a fact.

on Oct. 9 2010 at 5:51 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Dear Treefiddy,

I am very happy tahat the countries surrounding Israel don't have that power that Israel does! Who knows what they would have done if they did.

on Oct. 9 2010 at 12:47 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Not forgetting that Palestine has fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel.

I hope you realize the extreme restraint that Israel is exercising when dealing with these dogs. If Israel wanted to, they could turn every country surrounding it into the world's largest icing rink. Israel has one of the strongest militaries in the world and it has shown heroic restraint from unleashing the hel.l that it could with the full force of its military might. I fear what Iran is provoking the United States and Israel into as they further develop their nuclear program.

What do you think the countries around Israel would do if they had Israel's military superpower?

on Oct. 9 2010 at 12:46 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

I hope you realize the extreme restraint that Israel is exercising when dealing with these dogs. If Israel wanted to, they could turn every country surrounding it into the world's largest icing rink. Israel has one of the strongest militaries in the world and it has shown heroic restraint from unleashing the hell that it could with the full force of its military might. I fear what Iran is provoking the United States and Israel into as they further develop their nuclear program.

- Joshua Eibelman

Terrorists are not only in Palesstine; they are in each and every country around the world... including Palestine, and they HAVE to be dealt with.

Tango PLATINUM said...

What makes you think terrorists are in Palestine?  They are innocent people!

- Joshua Eibelman

I totally disagree! first of all Gaza is governed by terrorists. The population may not be of the same opinion, but what matters most is what the government thinkg. Of those who don't support terrorism in Gaza, they don't support Israel being a Jewish state.

on Oct. 7 2010 at 8:59 am
Sadallah BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan

I may not always be right, but i am never wrong.

Agreed with number 1!

Tango PLATINUM said...

I'm afriad you have not a clue about the Palestine/Israel confict.

Israel has put a blockade among Gaza, no one can get in or out.  They are starving them and suffering each and every day.  They have created unnecessary pitstops and they have controlled their life. 

Also, I think that you are very stereotypical.  It makes me laugh that you think that all people TRAPPED in Palestine, fighting for their RIGHTFUL land, are terrorists, and that you think that we should simply torture them more because after all, 'they are all terrorists.'

Also, you think that Israel gave Gaza to an Arab country.  Israel withdrew from Gaza, but there is still a blockade around it.  There is still much tension in the area. 

Also, if you actually look at some current events, read the story about Flotilla.  Activists came with a shipload of supplies to give to Palestinians.  They were stopped by Israeli forces and commandos were dropped on the boat.  In the end, Israeli's shot many innocent people - for what reason exactly? No Israeli's died, only Palestinians.

Quite honestly, I believe that you need to educate yourself about this topic about more before you jump to conclusions like this.  I don't know why you would think Gaza is being controlled by terrorists and I honestly think you are just stereotypical.  There are innocent people trapped, and frankly you think that the US should support something as cruel as that.