Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

Treefiddy said...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 12:47 am:

Not forgetting that Palestine has fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel.

I hope you realize the extreme restraint that Israel is exercising when dealing with these dogs. If Israel wanted to, they could turn every country surrounding it into the world's largest icing rink. Israel has one of the strongest militaries in the world and it has shown heroic restraint from unleashing the hel.l that it could with the full force of its military might. I fear what Iran is provoking... (more »)

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:06 pm :
To, JohnS: I understand you argument, but American slavery is not the poin to attack from. After the American Union earned freedom for all of the slaves in the U.S., they were integrated with the rest of us. It took years for the white population to actually accept them, but now we are an integrated country. We even have a black president now.  As far as reasons for giving Israel the land; they were in control of that land for a few thousand years before the Palestinians came and fought... (more »)

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:51 am :
Thank you, Miniterror. That is correct, after the Jews came to Palestine to live peacefully among the Palestinians, a huge group of Arab nations including Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan attacked Israel, while the Palestinians fled. They thought that after Israel would be destroyed, they would come back and be in control of the whole land.

Tango said...

I'm afriad you have not a clue about the Palestine/Israel confict.

Israel has put a blockade among Gaza, no one can get in or out.  They are starving them and suffering each and every day.  They have created unnecessary pitstops and they have controlled their life. 

Also, I think that you are very stereotypical.  It makes me laugh that you think that all people TRAPPED in Palestine, fighting for their RIGHTFUL land, are terrorists, and that you think that we ... (more »)

Sadallah replied...
Oct. 7, 2010 at 8:59 am :
Agreed with number 1!

Oct. 7, 2010 at 3:41 pm :
I totally disagree! first of all Gaza is governed by terrorists. The population may not be of the same opinion, but what matters most is what the government thinkg. Of those who don't support terrorism in Gaza, they don't support Israel being a Jewish state.

Tango replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:01 pm :

Get your facts straight.

Am I trying to deny Israel is a Jewish state? No.  What I am trying to say is you are completely uneducated if you think Gaza is governed by terrorists.  Gaza is governed by HUMAN BEINGS, TRUE AND HONEST PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FIND AN END TO THIS MESS, NOT SUICIDE BOMBERS. 

The fact that Gaza isn't governed by terrorists isn't an opinion smart one, is is a fact.

Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:02 pm :
I think YOU should get your facts straight. When you read the news onece in a blue moon you'll see that first, Israel gave Palestine GAZA. They were using it for terrorists acts, and that's why they had to stop it.

Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm :
Also, Gaza is governed by Hamas, which even by the United States is classified as  a terrorist group. It supports Al Queda and numerous other terrorist organizations. Thus, Gaza is a territory which is governed by terrorists who send rockets into Israel almost every day. Hundreds of civilians die because of these absolutely unecessary and baseless atacks. Because of these reasons, Gaza needs to be kept at bay. What I just stated were facts; they are undisputable facts which cannot be usurped.

Tango replied...
Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:24 am :
ifonlyamericansknew.org

Jul. 7, 2012 at 6:38 am :
The facts haven't changed (that Gaza is ruled by Hamas which is a terrorist group) because of your unworking website.

Tango replied...
Jul. 7, 2012 at 9:20 pm :
ifamericansknew.org

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:10 pm :
Tango, I belive you are misunderstanding the current definition of 'terrorist'. I believe Joecool101 is using the term to refer to the fact that these military and government officers are using force to push the Israelites back and take their land. I understand that other countries have done this in the past and it was not called terrorism, it was called a dictatorship; the same concept in many ways.

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm :
Whoops, sorry! Meant to respond to a different comment by Tango.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree to some extent. It's very true what you said: America is rich and powerful, so we should lend aid to those less so. However, I think there are better ways to handle terrorists than try to blow them up.

Treefiddy replied...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:13 pm :

@Thesilentraven

What I'm saying is that the men who strap dynamite to themselves and blow up innocent people are not worthy of life. Those who use women and children as human shields do not deserve life. These terrorists are not human. They murder and torture innocent people. Israel has not only an obligaion, but a duty to eradicate these barbarians.

I would never condone harming an innocent. I find it odd that you think I'm the one you think should be feared.

What other ... (more »)

Treefiddy replied...
Oct. 4, 2010 at 10:56 pm :
I'm curious to know Raven, what other ways are there to ridding the world of terrorism other than force? I hardly believe you would suggest we try and compromise with them. I'm curious to know if you have anything in mind.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm :
A sensible question, my dear Treefiddy! I'm afraid that I do believe that compromising (within reason) is the best answer. I hope you will research the book Three Cups of Tea, then maybe your question will be answered.

Oct. 12, 2010 at 4:26 pm :
I rather disagree, my right-winged friend. I see that terrorists are both worthy of life and very human. They think they are doing right, so they deserve life; they only need to be reasoned with. I repeat: research three cups of tea.

Oct. 12, 2010 at 5:00 pm :
I strongly agree with you, Treefiddy! We should team up and writ an essay that only talks about terrorism! I feel that we have the same opinions about this.

Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm :
I agree with you Treefiddy! You are the smartest one in this conversation