Why America Should Help Israel | Teen Ink

Why America Should Help Israel

By joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

The reasons why America should help Israel.

DjakobUnchained SILVER, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire" Winston Churchill

I disagree sir. Israel is in no danger from Hamas terrorists thanks to it's infinately more powerful military and it's sophisticated defense technology including the Iron Dome which renders Hamas' rockets useless. Israel has the right to protect itself and the right to exist, but it does not have the right to murder defensless civilians and bomb UN schools. Israel has been forced to become a hard and militaristic country because of the  dangers and threats it faced when it was a new nation, but that does not give Israel the liscense to indescriminately kill the innocent. The United States needs to protect human rights and force Israel to cease hostilities under threat of losing US aid. 

LogicandRain SILVER, Dundee, Other

Reality is only something we perceive, but dreams are something we create - By little me!
Don't lose yourself friends because you couldn't forgive your enemies- Also by me.... I think.... xD

The bullies=Terrorists The victims=Palestinians and the relatively  few people (in comparison) who have been hurt or killed in Iisrael.  Trust me, if you bothered to do even the slightest bit of research you would find out who the real bullies are... Israel have no right to do half the things they have done. 

LogicandRain SILVER, Dundee, Other

Stopping Palestinians from crossing the borders to get to the other half of their country that Israel was shoved in the middle of.  Restricing the access to food and medical provisions for Palestinians. 

LogicandRain SILVER, Dundee, Other

Thinking that oppressing an entire nation, forcing them out of their and and subjecting them to poverty and then dropping bombs on them to try and kill terrorists who believe it or not are not playing on rooftops or going to school.

LogicandRain SILVER, Dundee, Other

They have no right to exist because the Jews were moved in, consequently forcing the Palestinians out, after WWII. The rest of the world started this conflict and nobody can see a way out. That is why nobody but Egypt has gotten involved. Not to mention Israel has no right to subject the Palestinians to the treatment that they do, it is no wonder the Palstinians fought back, terrorists or no terrorists it was going to happen. 

LogicandRain SILVER, Dundee, Other

You do know that Palestine are having their land taken away from them by Israel. The Palestinians were chucked out of their land and forced into the corners. Israel punishes the innocent men women and, sickeningly and most especially, the children of Gaze and the West bank. The Palestinians have their resources controlled by Israel, their movements, their politics, everything. Israel won't stop until Palestine is under their control and the terrorists won't stop until their regime is implimented. It's a hopeless situation that the rest of the world started by giving that land to the the Jews in the first place. 

MTC18 said...
Israel does deserve to exist they had their land taken from them along time ago and got it back so why dont they desrve to exist again im curious on your point of view.

- Joshua Eibelman

Dear WaldenWalters, Thank you for comment again.  With regards to Palestinian and Israeli casualties, you should keep in mind that Hamas used children and the elderly as human shields (frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/hamas-interior-minister-boasts-of-using-elderly-and-children-as-human-shields/). And, though the IDF tries to prevent the loss of civilian life as much as possible (cafebabel.co.uk/arirusila/article/minimizing-collateral-damage-in-gaza-conflict.html), it must fulfill its to duty of defending Israel. Don't forget that the IDF strikes back only when Hamas or another terrorist organization sends rockets to Israel. Since 2012, Hamas has launched 2,257 rockets at Israel (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2012).  In total, there have been 10,138 rockets fired at Israel (since 2001), and 4,890 mortar attacks (since 2001). Look at this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel

Deeeeeeee said...
I do believe American should help Israel. It'd be very noble of America, i feel that if America doesn't stand with Israel, but worse reject Israel, I don't think America would stand for long. Honestly.

- Joshua Eibelman

First you addmitted that Israel is under constant danger, and then you said that Israel has no right to exist without backing up your point. I can't respond to such a flawed argument. 

on Apr. 10 2014 at 9:54 am
GrimReaper BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

"Only the dead see the end of war"-Plato
"All the worlds a stage and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits, and their entrances, and one person in their time, plays many parts"-William Shakespeare

Your line in the last paragraph "Can you imagine everyday people are worrying tha a rocket will fall on their roofs?" sparked criticism amoung me and my friends. The first thing we said was "This is not the only place in the world where this is happening". You want proof? Look up a country called Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. The US may have forces in one of these countries, but the people there are also living in fear of death everyday, and by their own people as well. I think you need to pick up a book on Middle Eastern history, and learn that the Israeli's have no right to have their own nation in Palestine.

WaldenWalters BRONZE, LaCenter, Washington

"You see that guy? That was me not so long ago. What kind of guy without a drug or alcohol problem looks this way? Only a writer."
-Eddie Morra

Here is the stat: ifamericansknew.org/stat/children.html For individual names: rememberthesechildren.org/remember2000.html

- Joshua Eibelman

Sarahf, I feel bad that your professor does not care about the only democracy in the Middle East. There is an organization, called Americans for Peace and Tolerance, that protects Jews' and Israel-supporters' rights on college campuses. I hope that's helpful or at least interesting.

- Joshua Eibelman

Dear WaldenWalters, I appreciate your comment and the respectful manner (unlike some other users) in which you wrote it. I would be happy to respond to your comment if you provided me with the source of the quote on killed Israeli and Palestinian children.

-Eddie Morra

I think you most definitely did some reasearch when writing this, but I think you should take some time to look at both sides. For example "129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,523 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000". If you looked at facts like that then perhaps you wouldn't be as ready to support Israel. I would ask that you reconsider your argument and that you should think to yourself, maybe the U.S. shouldn't support Israel, maybe the U.S. should support peace. 

While very passionate, this article seems to operate on the assumption that the US is not helping Israel.  The US has been donating 3 billion dollars of aid to Israel annually, and Israel has been the largest cumulative recipient of aid from the US since World War II.  Plus, it's not like the country is in the straits of poverty (based on average income, economy, etc.) 

Kukolulo BRONZE, Valdese, North Carolina

‘Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,’ he told me,
‘just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had
the advantages that you’ve had.’ - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Yes it's true that Israel isn't entirely innocent. Countries makes mistakes. Even america or where ever you are from. No one is perfect but that doesn't mean we should turn our backs on our allies just because we are getting tired of doing so. I think we should keep trying our best to help Israel.

My Dad is a Pastor and when I asked About why weare even helping them he said the exact same thing as you did. I completely agree

on Oct. 26 2013 at 9:20 am

- Joshua Eibelman

Do you also deny the Holocaust?

JustinNelson BRONZE, Woodbury, Minnesota

Human life without knowledge of history is nothing other than a perpetual childhood, nay, a permanent obscurity and darkness.

What! You have a non-warmongering professor? I thought they were extinct! Well anyways I would give my arm to have a teacher like that. Do you even understand what's going on in Israel, would you be willing to go fight and die in the desert for a bunch of bankers that are using the Israeli government and people to steal Palestinian land? And don't tell me that they were there for thousands of years, that's bull after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews became a minority and when Islam came in the latter part of the first millenium, they gave the Jews tolerance unequalled by ANY NATION MODERN OR ANCIENT. And those Jews who stayed behind were not white and looked more like other Semitic peoples. Nowadays ever since the Holocaust people mope about the Jews! How come the settlment of the European Jews by the British in the 40's, was fillled with Whites? Learn your history look up the Khazars and King Bulan. The whole war in the Middle East is an excuse to break the sovereignty of those countries like Iran and, more recently, Libya and Syria. The Government lies, you have been lied to, now rip off your chains of ignorance.