Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

redpanda26 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OK, so I'd like to start by saying I'm not here to argue with you about politics. I don't think the US should support Israel and this article didn't change my mind because it isn't complete enough. You always give people "history lessons," so try using them in your writing to make it more convincing and it might also make it seem less biased. Just a tip.

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:35 am :
Readpanda26: If you say the U.S. shouldn't support Israel, you must explain yourself.

redpanda26 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm :
Other countires were there first, and when Israel became a country, they attacked countries all around them and are causing problems and relocating people. They are more powerful than surrounding countries and abuse their countries. I don't care if according to religion they "deserve" the land, because I think that has nothing to do with real life. If they have problems, we should stay out of it. That's my opinion, you asked for it, so don't start telling me I'm wrong.

Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:59 pm :

My Dear redpanda26, 

Unfortunately, I am obliged to give you a "history lesson" because you have been misinformed. elThis has nothing to do with opinion; it is fact. Within hours of Israel declaring itself as a state five Arab Countries (Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria) invavded Israel. By a miracle Israel was not destroyed. Also, when you talk about Israel's "power" think about the size of the country: no larger than the state of New Jersey and surrounded by huge countries th... (more »)

yuio said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 11:41 am:
There's a reason Israel has many enemies...

Jan. 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm :
There are actually many reasons: antisemitism, (false) Arab claim to the land,etc...

HiddenAngelInTheDark said...
I agree we should help Isreal but sadly not a lot of people have a heart or even kindness now a days

Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:42 pm :
I agree, but we still have to try!

HiddenAngelInTheDark replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
Yes we must :)

Blue4 said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:21 am:
Entirely agree with you, but sadly, the global communtity refuses to see Israel as anything but a bully, and the "innocent civillians" as the victims. Even disregarding the idea that America seems to have an obligation to help others... it is in it's best interests to aid Israel in the fight against terrorism.

Dec. 29, 2011 at 10:51 am :
Thank you for supporting Israel's cause! With people like you an me, we can take action to support Israel, and present its case to the global community.

swcricket98 said...
I believe that this is just an article that isn't backed well with legit information. There is so much more than us just, 'helping them' with their issues. We have to care for our own people, and consider in all of the factors like economic expenses and such when considering helping Israel.

Aug. 11, 2011 at 4:13 am :
When you say this, remember that when America helps Israel, Israel helps America. It's a two-way street.

Treefiddy said...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 12:47 am:

Not forgetting that Palestine has fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel.

I hope you realize the extreme restraint that Israel is exercising when dealing with these dogs. If Israel wanted to, they could turn every country surrounding it into the world's largest icing rink. Israel has one of the strongest militaries in the world and it has shown heroic restraint from unleashing the hel.l that it could with the full force of its military might. I fear what Iran is provoking... (more »)

Oct. 9, 2010 at 5:51 am :

Dear Treefiddy,

I am very happy tahat the countries surrounding Israel don't have that power that Israel does! Who knows what they would have done if they did.

Tango replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 10:07 pm :
Dogs? How dare you say such a thing.  This is something called the degradation of human species my 'dear friend.'  Get your facts straight.  These people are  innocent, trapped inside Gaza, confused about what their future holds for them.  And you call them dogs?  Honestly, shame on you for saying such a thing.  Jewish or Palestinian, people are human, and they are dying each and every day because of the blockade around Gaza.

Oct. 29, 2010 at 2:00 pm :
I'm sorry Tango, but "dogs" is the only correct way of calling them. They're always trying to erase Israel off the face of the earth, and this is their consequence.

DesertFox94 replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 9:21 pm :
Yea, it was the British who moved the native palenstenians from their OWN land to make for the Jews. I would be kinda mad if someone took over my house and claimed that it was their "original birthrite".

And don't think that the Israelites haven't commited their own terrorism. 

Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:40 am :
Let me give you a history Lesson: After the Holocaust, the Jews needed their own land. Israel was the chosen land because the Jews owned the land historically, and the world owed this to them because of the horrendous things that happened during the holocaust. When the Jews came to Israel, they didn't try to make the Palestinians leave, they tried to live in peace with them. But the Palestinians started the conflict, therefore making it impossible to live peacfully. By the wy, if you say the Isr... (more »)

Aug. 7, 2011 at 9:02 am :
Now I understand why the fight against terrorism is so hard: because of people like you!

yuio replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:51 pm :
The Palestinians shouldn't get their land taken away because of the Holocaust, and because Israel is so powerful, I don't think they need help. And about the terrorists, they treat surrounding countries so badly, it's their fault.