Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

Teddy101 said...
Well, you should read the real history behind this war. There is no anti-semitism. Israel made up the story. They use the issue to war against Palestine.

LogicandRain replied...
Aug. 15 at 5:29 pm :
Thinking that oppressing an entire nation, forcing them out of their and and subjecting them to poverty and then dropping bombs on them to try and kill terrorists who believe it or not are not playing on rooftops or going to school.

Sarahf said...
Great! I agree with you! FINALLY! My professor keeps talking about how she could care less about Israel, and it makes me so angry! People can be so naive! 

JustinNelson replied...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm :
What! You have a non-warmongering professor? I thought they were extinct! Well anyways I would give my arm to have a teacher like that. Do you even understand what's going on in Israel, would you be willing to go fight and die in the desert for a bunch of bankers that are using the Israeli government and people to steal Palestinian land? And don't tell me that they were there for thousands of years, that's bull after the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD the Jews became a minority an... (more »)

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 29 at 11:08 pm :
Sarahf, I feel bad that your professor does not care about the only democracy in the Middle East. There is an organization, called Americans for Peace and Tolerance, that protects Jews' and Israel-supporters' rights on college campuses. I hope that's helpful or at least interesting.

Miniterror said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:09 pm:
I must point out a very important reason we should also support and assist Israel. In the Bible, God tells Abraham that he will always protect his descendents, AKA, the people of Israel. He also said that whoever helped Israel would be blessed and that those who were against Israel would be cursed. Ever since the United States started wavering in her loyalty to Israel, our economy has been going downhill.

Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:31 am :
Thank you for your comment. That is very true.

BilbroSwaggins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm:
I think the biggest reason we should help Israel is that there will come a time where the world will see the greatest war ever, and Israel will have the greatest soldier ever... Jesus Christ. So yeah we should be great protectors of Israel, who shall we not forget are God's chosen people.  

May 28, 2013 at 6:44 pm :
Thank you.

meok said...
While I'm not saying that Israel doesn't deserve aid, I would like to point out that they are also guilty of human rights violations. This is a conflict in which both sides have their hands dirty, so to paint it as completely black and white is misleading.

Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:02 pm :
I challenge you to point me to a single human rights violation Israel is guilty of.

LogicandRain replied...
Aug. 15 at 5:32 pm :
Stopping Palestinians from crossing the borders to get to the other half of their country that Israel was shoved in the middle of.  Restricing the access to food and medical provisions for Palestinians. 

listenlistenlisten said...
uumm i thought the u.s already supported the country for years now , all they do is damage, the u.s should be helping Gaza in my opinion .

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:19 pm :
Why? Let me appeal to a bit of logic please. Let's say  there is a kid at a school that is being bullied. The school has been doing what it can to protect the kid from the bullies and has been doing a fairly good job, with the exception of a few incidents. One day the bullies are picking on the kid and a teacher walks by. The boy calls out to the teacher for help. The teacher looks at the situation and thinks, 'I've helped this kid plenty of times, I think I should help the... (more »)

LogicandRain replied...
Aug. 15 at 5:37 pm :
The bullies=Terrorists The victims=Palestinians and the relatively  few people (in comparison) who have been hurt or killed in Iisrael.  Trust me, if you bothered to do even the slightest bit of research you would find out who the real bullies are... Israel have no right to do half the things they have done. 

mdevries568 said...
First of all, this essay shows no facts, no references and all opinions.  What grade are you in?  This would never even be read in college.  If you want to make an argument you need to first research all sides of the topic and you must address both sides or else you just sound rude and nieve.  You also can't refer to another group of people as dogs.  That is inhumane and degrading.  You need to also respect both sides.  Overall I think you need to rewrite t... (more »)

Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:03 pm :
Instead of criticizing me, perhaps you yourself should focus on my points. I have every right to call terrorists dogs because they murder innocent people. 

sophwolbes replied...
Sept. 16, 2013 at 12:23 pm :
If you knew anything about the MIddle East, you would understand how much more complicated it is than terrorists v. innocent people. Do you honestly think that Israelis are completely innocent? You need to do some research.

Devonchick said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:45 pm:
I think that the USA has their own problems to deal with. Plus Isreal started the war, so that s not supporting your topic we shouldn't have to help them because they started it!

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:27 pm :
Israel did NOT start the war. The Israelites had been pushed out of the land by the Palestinians. In more recent times, they have come back and taken back the land; this caused surrounding countries to attack Israel due to its largely Christian and Jewish ideals, even though the country also has Islam integrated into the land.

redpanda26 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OK, so I'd like to start by saying I'm not here to argue with you about politics. I don't think the US should support Israel and this article didn't change my mind because it isn't complete enough. You always give people "history lessons," so try using them in your writing to make it more convincing and it might also make it seem less biased. Just a tip.