Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

DjakobUnchained said...
I disagree sir. Israel is in no danger from Hamas terrorists thanks to it's infinately more powerful military and it's sophisticated defense technology including the Iron Dome which renders Hamas' rockets useless. Israel has the right to protect itself and the right to exist, but it does not have the right to murder defensless civilians and bomb UN schools. Israel has been forced to become a hard and militaristic country because of the  dangers and threats it faced when it was a... (more »)

Hana R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 8, 2015 at 1:10 am
Amen to that Djakob

joecool101 replied...
Maybe if Hamas hadn't hidden its women and children behind military targets, the civilian casualties would have been smaller.

A.PrideThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 27 at 2:56 am
That's SO ignorant! How would you like it if you were forcefully chucked out of your own home? @joecool101 Think about it, as soon as you're rid of the British, the U.N. decides (FOR YOU) that the Jews (whom no country wanted to take in in the first place) can kick you and your family out and live in your home instead of you? You'd be pleased, wouldn't you?

Alex replied...
Aug. 28 at 11:35 pm
@joecool101 "Maybe if Hamas hadn't hidden its women and children behind military targets, the civilian casualties would have been smaller." Where would you suggest they go? Not infront of them I'd hope.

LogicandRain said...
You do know that Palestine are having their land taken away from them by Israel. The Palestinians were chucked out of their land and forced into the corners. Israel punishes the innocent men women and, sickeningly and most especially, the children of Gaze and the West bank. The Palestinians have their resources controlled by Israel, their movements, their politics, everything. Israel won't stop until Palestine is under their control and the terrorists won't stop until their regime is imp... (more »)

MTC18 said...
Israel does deserve to exist they had their land taken from them along time ago and got it back so why dont they desrve to exist again im curious on your point of view.

Apr. 3, 2015 at 1:40 am
Your argument for Israel's right to exist is like saying that, well the Roman Empire stretched across Europe and Asia at one point in History, we should give the Italians their empire back. I think you are referring to the reign of the Prophet Kings, David and Solomon. Well those kingdoms took that land from the previous people, the Canaanites, so shouldn't the Canaanites get their land back? The Canaanites were there before Israel ever was.

joecool101 replied...
Apr. 8, 2015 at 12:00 am
Show me a Canaanite

Apr. 8, 2015 at 1:03 am
Canaanites are current day Palestinians, Lebanese, Syrians and Jordanians. But no that's the point I'm making. You can't give land to Israel just because it was taken long ago. That's not a good enough reason. It's a stupid reason.

joecool101 replied...
What about the Holocaust-- "never again"?

Deeeeeeee said...
I do believe American should help Israel. It'd be very noble of America, i feel that if America doesn't stand with Israel, but worse reject Israel, I don't think America would stand for long. Honestly.

DjakobUnchained replied...
You're joking right? America needs Israel? Really?

helloworld500 replied...
More like Israel needs America! Palestine is suffering because of America's support for Israel. Palestine almost became a state a few times, but America used it's veto power in the U.N. to stop that. Seriously, the most powerful country in the world needing Israel. Get real.

joecool101 replied...
the Palestinians rejected a statehood offer in 1947. The U.S. has vetoed recent Palestine statehood proposals because such a proposal needs to be agreed upon mutually by both Israel and the Palestinians. The U.S. does need Israel because Israel provides a very strategic base for the U.S. in the Middle East (bring the only country that fully cooperates militarily was America).

aharon_b replied...
israel is the only real democracy of which the use are allies with. yes, the use might need israel as much israel needs it. a bit absurd.

anon replied...
In a way, america needs israel. Our defense industries and innovative companies rely on israeli technology.

Farhan M. replied...
I can totally agree with a lot of people when we say that America does NOT NEED Israel to sustain. By wasting our resources to help fund missions that are killing innocent civilians is not a very "noble" cause. If you really want a "noble" cause then why not help give relief to those Israeli bordering countries that actually deserve compensation for their sufferings.

mplo replied...
The United States has never, ever been an honest broker regarding the Israeli/Palestinian debacle. The United States, the UN, and the International Community should exert pressure on Israel to evacuate its troops and Right-wing Israeli Jewish settlers from West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, stop the humiliating, ugly treatment of innocent Palestinian civilians, and to allow the Palestinians residing in the above-mentioned occupied territories to create their own, independent, sovereign n... (more »)

GrimReaper said...
Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:54 am
Your line in the last paragraph "Can you imagine everyday people are worrying tha a rocket will fall on their roofs?" sparked criticism amoung me and my friends. The first thing we said was "This is not the only place in the world where this is happening". You want proof? Look up a country called Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. The US may have forces in one of these countries, but the people there are also living in fear of death everyday, and by their own people as well. I... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
First you addmitted that Israel is under constant danger, and then you said that Israel has no right to exist without backing up your point. I can't respond to such a flawed argument.