8/28 Rally

If you don’t believe we are for real. Just look around
Hundreds of thousands have converged on this one site alone. Just look around
Hundreds of buses have come from across the States, with dozens of people filling their seats. Traveling long days on those buses, just to come and be here today.
You don’t believe. Look around. People filled in, practically taking over the memorial, just to lesse3n. To believe!
You may not believe. That is your choice to make
But if you don’t believe that something can and will happen, that we are just crazy people or that we should just stay quite. Well, my friend, you are sadly mistaken
We will rise, your voices no longer quite
Just look around!
The shear number of people from all different States, people that no longer live in America, are different races are here! Blake, White, Latino, Asian. Christian, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhism. All different kinds of people are here. From every color, religion, ethnicity, standing side by side. Helping each other as the day goes on.
We are not racist like we are called. We just believe and we are no longer quite. And those that do not like to hear us speak are those who call us racist

We believe
Believe that we can make a difference
We have Faith in God and what is right
We have Faith in our selves and in out friends
Not in the government
We Hope that those around us will do the right thing
We Hope all is not yet lost
We Hope that the government will lessen to the people
We have Charity
Give to those in need
Give to those that give it all for us
And to those who cant give a thing
But 8 pennies is all he can sacrifice. It’s his life savings

If you think one-person cant make a difference
You are wrong
One person can make all the difference
It’s not the good of the collection!
It’s the good of the individual!
The individual is whom that makes the difference

There were hundreds of thousands of us that believe
Not in racism, or bad things. Not what the media makes us out to be
But people who have Faith, Hope and Charity
You may disagree with me but “I will defend your right to do so”
We are people that believe in what our founding Father’s believed
People that want those beliefs back
We are not bad individuals
But if you have the right to speak for what you believe in,
Then so do we

“God is not on our side, but we must make us, so that we are on his”

God Bless America
(Over $5 million was raced on 8/28 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation)

BlackHoleHighAlum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great article! The only thing I could say would make it better is to check your grammar. But the concept is great! I wish I could have been there, alas, I could not. But, in spirit I was with you! :)

darkangel09 replied...
Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:00 am :
Thanks I’m slowly working on that. It was really a great thing to experience. But being there in spirit is good. I'm glad you liked it.

Threefiddy said...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 3:39 am:

I cannot wait for November to throw these bums out of office! I am so proud of this grass-roots movement which has taken place in the past 20 months. This administration has literally bankrupted this country. This president has engaged in class warfare and spite tactics to rally support for his legislation. The American people have not bought it! Although we have a government which plots against us for our own good, the American people have revolted in peaceful activism demanding nothing less... (more »)

darkangel09 replied...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 4:17 pm :

i some what agree with you, but i do not think that all Demicratsare bad. and it will take years to pay it off, a lot more then 10 because i dont if you've heard but our debt is more then the whole worlds money suplies put to gether

and when it collapse it also collapse what the last string of America. but i think people are starting to wake up and see what is happening. it will take years as is to fix the damage done, but it can and will happen. one way or another. were no... (more »)

Threefiddy replied...
Sept. 15, 2010 at 11:02 am :
November is just the beginning. If a bunch of RINOs are elected into the Senate, what is really accomplished? If Olimpa Snowe, Mike Castle, Lindsey "Goober" Graham and others are elected, we will get a bunch of spendaholic Republicans who will do nothing to advance the cause of limiting the authority of the federal government. For the next two years, the Senate must block ALL legislation from Congress that would add any tax or "stimulus" spending. When we have a new President after the 2012 elec... (more »)

darkangel09 replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm :
Republican, Demicartic, Tea Party, they're all the same, there all crareer politions. they're greedy and power hungry. i dont trust them. but something has to be done cause the tax cuts are expiring and if they let them go...i guess only time can tell. but something has to be done this November. i wont the librals out

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My friend, I disagree with your opinion, but it's wonderful to see the good morals of my political opponents. I shake my heads often, yet this piece was written inspiringly.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 3, 2010 at 8:11 pm :
I dislike the quote, though. God is more complicated than to merely take sides. And he is always behind us.

darkangel09 replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 11:16 pm :

And i respect your opinion. and i do agree it is good to see it

i guess it all depends on how you take the quote. i wasnt the one to say nore do i really know the person that did, so i cant say how it was intened