Why I Don't Say the Pledge

this is why i dont say it....(i pledge allegiance) the whole explanation is why i dont want to say these three words (to the flag of the UNITED states of america) since when were we ever really united? our country is split up in two like 99% of the time and all we do is f***ing argue and im tired of it. im not saying we all have to believe the same thing and i hope we never do i just wish we could agree to disagree and not say that just because you dont believe its "right" that its "wrong". (and to the republic for which it stands) all i see this country standing for is hate. hate for anyone that doesnt believe in what we believe. we keep teaching this younger and younger and all it does is put others down. there is a peaceful way to live ur life and it doesnt have to be a big competition.(one nation under god) to me this really does sound were trying to establish a religion which goes back on our whole "free to practice any religion" deal. we say we are but all over people are putting people down just cause of their religion and it just doesnt make sense to me. (indivisible with liberty and justice for all) this is bull shit. ill agree that theres liberty and justice for all when gay marriage is legal, race wont matter at all, religion wont be something you judge people by, and everyone will stop fighting over stupid things and actually get stuff done. alrighty...i feel better.

hrf1434 said...

I clicked the wrong button

Hannah F. said...
I agree with you this country is full of such hippacrites. The only reason people voted for Obama was to say they weren't racist. most people don't even listen to politics so they souldn't have a right to vote

saimne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hehehe, such anger... ilike it >x)

Hannah F. replied...

saimne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
wait... how does this hav 2 do with my comment ?? O___o haah

hrf1434 replied...
I clicked the wrong button

krazykathleen said...
Okay, it's true that there is disagreement and hate in our country. You say "All I see this country standing for is hate." I respectfully disagree because you are forgetting all the good things about America. What about all those people who have dedicated their time to good causes, trying to make a difference? What about the amazing men and women who sacrifice their lives to fight for this country? What about educators, teaching our youth? You know what, we DO fight. What country doesn't ha... (more »)

ThisBreRulezYouSonnn said...

People aren't always arguing. The news just doesn't tell us when people are agreeing! :/ sadly, there are people out there that enjoy seeing people plot against people... sadly its a majority... good things happen and people agree, but you have to look out for it and, eventually, people will compromise.

And the Pledge isn't about pledging to the government, but to the United State of America. There's a difference between the two.

ThisBreRulezYouSonnn replied...
i'm sorry, people that are ARGUING will compromise. :P