The Views on America Part 1 | Teen Ink

The Views on America Part 1

By HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada
HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

Always keep a strong hold of your innocence, the world is evil, holding on is the only way you can ever hold on to your sanity.

President Obama is this. President Obama is that. I honestly truly believe that we as the teens and in a few years or even now are old enough to Vote and i believe we have been brainwashed with the opinions of our Hard-Core Republican or Democratic parents. I believe we are not as educated as we should. How do we know we will make the right choices. And when i say We please believe that i am Aware of those who have the knowledge, but if you allow me to elaborate and I hope you will be open minded with this as much as possible i will try my best not to offend anyone or anything.

Please be aware this is President Obama's first term at office, and may I point out that not everyone is perfect. Especially the first try. May I also point out that it has been 8 years since we last saw another man who was new to the office and we criticized him the same way. So I would not expect anything TOO DRASTIC to happen just yet.

On the Oil Spill Crisis:
Lets take this back a little. President Clinton and Vice President Gore signed this little form of document that eliminated the Council on Competitiveness,which was held by Bush-Quayle Administration. Did you see that "Bush"? yes that's right, that was the former president's family oil company. and yes Clinton repealed them from having it done. Well... When the former President came to office he repeal that act allowing the oil companies to start their drilling again. So I would like to point out that if it wasn't the repealing done by the former presidents behalf, this whole oil thing would never have happened. Therefore President Obama would have one less problem in his hand. But of course, nothing works the way they should. I mean the Republicans are more for the Money and the business of it all, and they assume with good economics, the people of the US would be taken cared for. But Mind You I never implied i was Anti-Republican.

My father and I watch alot of CNN and Fox News back to back. CNN known to having a more Democratic perceptive and Fox News having the republican perspective. That is known to be fact because Fox News was made to purposely "Give the Second Side to the Story" so my father and I studied the things they had to say. and thats how i came to these conclustion

on Jul. 30 2010 at 11:57 am
AnneOnnimous BRONZE, Peterborough Ontario, Other

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?' In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame' is kind of lame. Saying 'You're lame' is like saying 'You walk with a limp.' Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he's done all right for himself."
— John Green

exactly: the best leaders are the ones who motivate people and give them hope, and those who know how to make most people fairly happy.

on Jul. 30 2010 at 2:53 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California
There is no compromising on the constitution. There is not compromising on individual and ordered liberty. You can support any socialist policies, but history tells us that they have failed time and time again, but we have a rule of law, and we cannot (or at least should not be able to) vote away the life, liberty, and property away from fellow citizens.

on Jul. 29 2010 at 5:07 pm
HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

makes sure people arent confused between socialism and communism..just make sure you know the difference.. and capitalism and socialism both have good intents... but i believe both fall short of their intentions... thats why im neither a young republican or democrat... i believe if they see the best of both worlds and somehow compromise we would be a MUCH better America.... of course.. things dont happen the way they should ... so its us teens who have to suffer ...unless. we see past the division..

on Jul. 29 2010 at 4:55 pm
HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

theres no such thing as a perfect president...there are only lucky ones...

on Jul. 29 2010 at 4:46 pm
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Capitalism is the only economic system ever devised (yet discovered) which is designed to benefit the common man. There will always be "the rich" in any society you go to, but throughout history, and even today, most people have been subject to poverty and conditions of misery. We benefit from entrepreneurship; we get a wider variety in choice and we benefit from the job opportunities. I don't know a person alive that doesn't care about money- especially the socialists. Socialism is a system of violence and coercion, where you either submit to the demands of the state by relinquishing your private property, or you go to jail. Capitalism is a system built upon voluntary cooperation and incentives.

There is nothing compassionate about socialism. It creates more poverty and it destroys wealth. I don't care what the socialist's intent is- what matters are the results.

on Jul. 29 2010 at 12:27 pm

— John Green

True, but does anyone?

on Jul. 29 2010 at 12:12 pm
HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

i agree with that as well.. but i also think that President Obama didnt know what he was getting himself into...

on Jul. 29 2010 at 11:10 am

— John Green

the main problem with Obama is that thos who disapprove of him feel he has done too much to change the country, and because of that he has cut back on his original plans; therefore, his supporters feel he has not done enough.

on Jul. 29 2010 at 1:50 am
HeyTiMariC BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

publican thing its known and stated by many republicans that "if economics is taken cared for then the people are taken cared for" its all about capitalism to them .. hats what i mean.. by them being more for the money. and im not saying BP the one to put a radar on but im simply stating that they bash on our President for not being there enough..

on Jul. 29 2010 at 1:21 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

I don't know what you're talking about with BP. The federal government pushed BP more than 100 miles off shore, where it is much more expensive, dangerous and difficult to drill. The well is over a mile below sea-level, where there is enormous pressure, which is why it is so difficult to cap.

What do you mean that "Republicans are more for the Money"? BP is an incredibly liberal European company. They gave a million dollars to Obama's campaign and they support cap and trade.

I'm not blaming Obama for the explosion. This is an imperfect world, and disasters happen, but we need oil or else we will starve and freeze to death and our economy would be at a stand-still.