Patience is the Most Moral Virtue | Teen Ink

Patience is the Most Moral Virtue

By theinquisitivedonkey SILVER, Cohasset, Massachusetts
theinquisitivedonkey SILVER, Cohasset, Massachusetts

"Why, you, Rodion Romanovitch! you are the murderer".

My summer of seventh grade was filled with the petty dramas of Middle School, temperatures were through the roof, waves rhythmically lapped against the harbor docks, and all the other fixtures needed to create a pristine spring break were in place. However, what really made the summer of 2007 special was the marking of a new era, otherwise known as the economic crisis of 2007. At the time George Bush’s presidential hourglass was dwindling, and Barack Obama had just started to gain momentum. I will be completely honest when I say that my entire family despised the entire Bush legacy, and for good reason. George Bush’s presidency was shrouded with underground agreements, shady elections, and complete and utter denial that no nuclear weapons were in existence; if a member of congress were to present evidence that these nuclear weapons were non existent, they would promptly “retire”.
Time has passed since George Bush was dragged out of the Oval office after a grueling eight years, and our current president Barack Obama has been elected to glue our nation back together. Nevertheless, I have witnessed countless citizens gripe about Obama’s presidency. Their comments range from anger about his birth certificate, tha and even that he is “poop”. Obama promised this nation Change, and in my opinion he certainly has delivered, the benefits out nation has received are plain even in the tiny town where I live. Houses are selling with million dollar prices again, the job market has improved, and small businesses are thriving. Not only that, but the global warming situation is improving thanks to the cash for clunkers movement, and the hole ozone layer is slowly but surely starting to heal due to additional funding to alternative energy, and manufacturing companies widespread effort to produce more eco friendly products. With many new ideas and bills such as the HR3200 and the banning if torture, the constitution is finally losing its status as a figurehead, and has once again become the sanctified document the marked the birth of out nation.
It is unfair for citizens to discredit Barack Obama because he has not magically repaired the economy, environment, and our reputation in all but a few months. George Bush’s prolonged presidency left our country was in shambles, and in need of a complete rejuvenation. Barack Obama has just begun to reassemble our nation, and instead of being impatient, ill at ease, and overly critical of Obama’s decisions, the process would fare much more smoothly if we joined forces and switched to a more sanguine, supportive mindset.

After listening to so many ignorant and generic complaints about Barack Obama's presidency, I decided to tackle some of the hardest critics: young adults.

foxymmm said...
on Jan. 22 2011 at 6:03 am
Interesting article. I'm impressed at theinquisitivedonkey's political acumen at such a youthful age! I, too, wonder at the level of criticism a President with such a short presidential term can attract -- do we ever hear about the factors and people who caused the mess that Obama is supposed to clean up? Years in the making, I'm afraid.

on Jul. 30 2010 at 12:30 pm

thank you for the input!

on Jul. 24 2010 at 7:05 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I am also an avid supporter of President Obama and agree wholeheartedly with your article. I dislike the fact that conservatives criticize him just because he is a democrat and they didn't vote for him.

As for the comment made by 'teehee23,' I'll quietly accept that I have no idea what is going on.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 4:21 pm

I appreciate it. I have a premonition that I know this person...

teehee23 said...
on Jul. 16 2010 at 4:11 pm

you smell. 

me like da big wurds. 

me like dem lots.