"Rule One"

“Rule one: Never allow a crisis to go to waste. They are opportunities to do big things.”
These words spoken by Rahm Emanuel, Obama’s Chief of Staff express the temperament of this white house. The state of the economy has given Obama and his administration the leeway to extend their hands into the economy in yet another unprecedented expansion of power. Obama, elected in a fit of panic and economic disaster, has been given the opportunity to take a crisis and “do big things”.

We see these “big things”, whether they be trillion dollar stimulus “spending” packages, or the nationalization of our health care system. Just as there have always been disasters in the past, the federal government was confined to the boundaries set by the Constitution.
This is an imperfect species, and disasters are going to occur.
Let us not forget that disasters and imperfection are not new entities to the world and to the United States. The idea that this disaster is somehow new to the world is at least arrogant. Obama told us from the time in his campaign to now in his Presidency that we must give more of our liberty, our labors and private property over to the government, and only when the government has the means to run our lives will we have acquired Heaven on Earth.

There have always been those in the past who called upon themselves as messiahs, who will lead humanity to prosperity if we only surrender to them blind faith and to their ambitions. They have taken the forms of dictators, benevolent or otherwise, but they all preached the same thing: Utopianism.

Utopianism is perhaps the most dangerous construct to man and his individual freedom. Heaven on Earth cannot be realized if every man is free to go his own separate way, free to make his own choices about his fate and the meaning of his life. Heaven on Earth may only be acquired if man is taught (or forced) that the reason for his life is not for the sake of himself and his own ambitions, but it is for the good of all and that he lives to serve his fellow man and to serve the “common good”. Such a system enslaves man to man and enslaves him to the state for his means of survival and necessity. This is anything but Heaven on Earth.

Utopianism does not always make itself apparent in bloody revolutions, but it is born in revolution. The revolution we see today is not a violent one, but rather a political one. This country is engaged in a second Civil War, though we do not face succession, the struggle is not fought with muskets and bombs, but one of ideology. One ideology which says that man’s perfection is for the next world, but here on Earth, he must be free, and his diligent labors are for the benefit of no man but his own and his family. The other ideology says that man must be perfected, and that all men live to serve a common purpose and a common good, and the way toward this perfection is through an iron-fisted, benevolent government, which sees the individuality of man as the greatest threat to acquiring their vision of Utopia.

Right now I speak to Conservatives in particular:

We are living in perilous times. This country is at a turning point, and the endless battle of tug-o-war which has been waged since this country’s founding is shifting more rapidly than ever. We have a President, who in noble intention, seeks to undermine the individual construct. President Obama has been very clear about this through his policies and his language. He seeks to implement more policies which result in the conference of wealth and private property, illegitimately seized by the government, to give to another as it arbitrarily sees fit. We see this already see this from massive spending packages and the health care overhaul.

If you wish to preserve this country’s founding principles of the importance of individual liberty, you have a duty to fulfill. You must articulate our principles and argue on the basis of individual freedom. The opposition does not share our passion for the same liberty which we hold dear. They are on the move and they are moving fast. Every day, this government is working to promote its Utopian vision upon us. In only 17 months, they have managed to fundamentally and radically alter this country. Who knows how much damage will be done after four years? They realize that for many of them, their time is coming to an end, because after November it will be more difficult for them to pass their fundamental alterations to this society.

Though times seem bleak, do not be dismayed. Let us take heart in the fact that we are Americans. Let us took to the struggles of the past, starting with this country’s inception. Look towards all of the men and women who gave their lives in the preservation of liberty. Though, the struggle we face today is largely different and in some ways is much more difficult than the ones that they faced, we have a duty to preserve this nation.

As I said, this species is imperfect; our opponents have a limitless ability to preach the imperfections of liberty and the ability to promise they have the solution. We mustn't let them do this, for they are false promises of Utopia which only serve to undo that liberty which we fight to preserve.

Ronald Reagan said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.”

Aderes18This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm:
Now that I have read your stuff, can you read my stuff? Click on Advanced Search, out in my screename(Aderes18) then out in Cambridge, MA, 02138. Please comment! 

May 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm:

I totally disagree with your article but I have to say, it's written very well. On your profile, it says you're from California which is a pretty liberal, democratic state who voted for Obama by a vast majority, But you don't seem of that majority. Can you explain why? 

Are you a Republican or a democrat? Conservative or Liberal? 

May 11, 2011 at 10:12 pm:

"Elected in a fir of panic and economic disaster" You make it sound like people just chose him as president like they were desperate. The reason why he was elected was because he was a good candidate, he had a strong campaign, he had lots of support and he was the best choice. Well, not the best.. Joe Biden and Ron Paul would have been better...

You make it sound in the article like Obama caused these problems with the stimulus and the health care bill. Obama inherited these huge probl... (more »)

AsIAmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
THANK YOU Threefiddy.  Finally somebody who writes (with much more talent) the exact political views I hold.  Kudos. :)

tdnarbThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Three quarters of this I agree with and a quarter I don't.  Obama is not solely resposible for what is going on right now, which is what you make it out to be.  Albeit he certainly is not helping in the least, but  Bush was the first one to pass a massive bailout bill.  For this crisis the whole of America must take responsibility.  Had it not been for banks lending money to people who were clearly living outside of their means, this whole depression would have... (more »)

Threefiddy replied...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 3:58 am :

I agree with you tdnarb about the Bush bailout. He abandoned conservative free-market principles in the belief that government could dig us out of a crisis created by government. It was the federal government that for decades demanded that banks give loans to people without the credit or means of paying it back, resulting in the artificial housing boom, followed promptly by the inevitable bust. I do not defend Geroge Bush in engaging in socialism, and rather, I denounce it entirely as an ille... (more »)

Whylime said...
Amen, Threefiddy, AMEN. Well thought out. Not unintelligent at all. Just the way i like it. (:

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 12:14 am:
When you say, "This is an imperfect species", what group of people were you referring to as the species? 

Threefiddy replied...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 3:38 pm :
I mean humans.