Land Of Oppertunity

Dear Reader,

There's a lot of concerning matters in this world right now, I am 14 years old and realizing this very quickly. Something that has been brought to my attention and that is think is very important to discuss and discriminate against is the law that might be passed in Arizona. This law has brought back all the racism from 100 years back and even further even though politics for this law say it's not true. This law now instead of being against all the colored people it s against all the illegal immigrants especially the ones that look like they have any Hispanic or Latino heritage. This is not fair at all and especially not just. All these people just come to try and succeed in what they call “the land of opportunity”, they come to learn the ways of the United States culture and add to its greatness! I don't understand why there's so much hatred towards them if color and race doesn't mean anything because on the inside were all the same living organism.

I am of Hispanic heritage, and I think this is an unequal law because I'm in the united states to learn and succeed not to be judged because I'm a shade of brown. I hope that my opinion was expressed through this letter, thank you for reading.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
The law doesn't judge the color of your skin. It judges YOU. Wether you decided to break the law or immigrate the legal way. The reason we don't like them is because they came here ILLEGALLY and don't pay taxes, but use our schools, hospitals and jobs. Look at every other country. You can't just waltz into Germany. Even Mexico! They are very strict about immigration, yet they think we should just have open borders.

joselyn replied...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:54 am
ok yea they do judge you on the content of your character. But they are not always heard because maybe they have an accent or just because they can't speak the language correctly. If the law listened to what immigrants had to say The United States would be a better country. you're wrong about the taxes part. Immigrants do pay taxes I live in Washingotn and i dont know about other states but here they give immigrants a worker security number that way they also have to pay taxes just like every ot... (more »)

joselyn said...
THank you for taking the tiem to read my article Please tell me what you think, comment.