G8 Fence Fail

Hi Dr Nova here – I’m here in Canada to behold the G20 meeting in Toronto and the G8 meeting in Huntsville. Meetings of the 8 strongest countries and the 20 slightly less strong countries where they attempt to solve the world’s problems and fail miserably. So far, I’ve seen politicians getting ready to welcome world leaders but mostly I’ve been seeing protestors gathering to do what they do best. And there are a lot of protestors. But our Prime Minister has come up with a fool proof way for them interfering with the meeting. He will build a FENCE. Of course! I decided to go up to Huntsville to see this incredible fence which they are planning to replicate in Toronto. I must say form how people were talking about this thing I expected something like the Berlin wall with roving death squads moving around or maybe just guards, but you get my drift. I expected something really really cool. Truthfully, I was completely underwhelmed. The fence was about 7 feet high and it’s pretty thin. It looks like the kind of thing you would put around a school yard rather than a G8 meeting. I also noticed at one point the fence had to cross over water. Which in the end it didn’t so there was nothing to stop protestors from coming in by boat. I guess they are planning to put sharks in there or something. Not only that but I had one huge problem with the fence - it ended, it just stopped right beside the road – there is just this huge gap between two pieces of fence. What is the point of having a fence if you are not going to finish it? I mean do they really think no one is going to notice the gaping hole in the fence? Did they just run out of money or something? They spent over a billion dollars on security for a meeting that is going to last only a few hours and their not even going to finish the fence. You couldn’t spare another $500 to finish the fence?

drnova said...
sorry I ment I sould have said that

wednesday's child replied...
Right on, thanks!

drnova said...
to true wednesday's child sould have said that

wednesday's child said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:06 am
Haha -  they are already in a re-MOAT location - so why the need for the fence at ALL!!!!!