SB1070-THE NEW IMMIGRATION LAW | Teen Ink

SB1070-THE NEW IMMIGRATION LAW

By lilia salcedo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
lilia salcedo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The new immigration law states that “For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of this state or country, city, town, or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, A reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person. The person’s immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c).” Nowhere in this bill does it state what races will be checked for papers. As most people know Sheriff Joe Arpaio has had many raids in restaurants, stores, and even Mexican residents. He does this to get rid of all Mexicans, whether they have papers or not. This bill is in fact racist to every race other than the white race. Many white people say that this bill is not racist. They only say that because they know that this bill does not apply to them.
I do not support this bill because I believe that no state should be like this. Every state should welcome immigrants from other places and appreciate their arrival. Many people can learn very useful things from an immigrant. Whether they are African, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish or another race, I believe that everyone should appreciate that they are here to help and support our country. No one should ever be turned away just because of the color of their skin.
Everyone in the whole United States should not support this bill. Many Americans have friends and family that are “illegal”. I don’t think anyone would want to lose their friends or family because they are not wanted here by many racist people. If the people who support the bill were put in that situation, where they had a friend or family member that was “illegal”, they would not support the bill either. Many families have been torn apart due to racism for years, and people don’t even care. In a couple of years, racism is going to get worse in every state. Then everyone will turn against each other and the United States will be one big mess. The United States needs to know that this bill is very racist and needs to not go through.SAY NO TO SB1070!

TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California

"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

okay, what is the law really about?  I think it is about making sure that legal American citizens do not suffer because of illegal immigrants.

lilia salcedo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
obviously you dont know what the law is REALLY about. Jan Brewer doesn't even know what she is doing really... 

TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California

What is so bad about having to show your driver's liscense when you get pulled over?  My mom has to every time.  People who actually want to live in America should put in the effort to come here legally.  It just so happens that Mexico shares the border where most illegal immigration is occuring.  If we had the same problems with the Canadians, we would do the same things in the northern sates.  If someone is here illegally, they shouldn't be allowed to stay and take jobs from a hard working American citizens. Also, I am white, support the bill, and am certainly not racist.  I think everyone should have equal opportunity, and right now, many Mexicans have the same opportunity my grandparents had, to leave their native country and come to America.  Fortunately, my grandparents came legally, though it took longer.  They wanted to come to the Land of the Free the right way.