SB1070;Immigrants;Racial Profiling

SB 1070; Immigrants; Racial Profiling

On April 23, 2010 the state of Arizona signed proposition 1070. The proposition was signed in the capital by Jan Brewer. Prop 1070 is known as “Support Our Law Enforcement and Neighborhoods Act”. This prop gives the right for police to stop someone that looks like they might be an immigrant, and ask for their documents that state they are a U.S citizen. If the Senate Bill 1070 goes into effect it will cause racial profiling against Mexicans/Hispanics.

I am totally against this bill! This bill is racial profiling because to identify whether they are a US citizen or an immigrant you have to look at what color their skin is, which is suppose to determine their race. This new law is put against Mexicans, proved that they are looking for brown skin, which is Hispanics, that show that they are a US citizen. Police men are not going to go around looking for Japanese being spoken, or people with a hijab. What did they do wrong in the first place? They’re getting arrested for being brown? That’s being racist, and you can’t even say its not.

Russell Pearce quotes “illegal is not a race, it’s a crime”. If being illegal is the thing here, everyone on this land, except for Native American is illegal. The United State was first natives, and the Americans took this land for the natives. Illegal aliens are helping out US. Who builds the houses you live in? Who fixes the roads for you to drive to work every morning? IMIGRANTS DO! Illegals give Americans in the US the lives the people there have. With out illegals united states it nothing.

Immigrants made united states what it is today. Illegal’s built the streets you drive on, they built the school you learn in, and they built the side walks you walk on. Immigrants do hard working day and night to try to make the United State the best looking country. Because of immigrants your country is what it is now. SB 1070 is getting rid of all the people that made them who and what they are.

If we don’t take effect to stop SB 1070 and racial profiling. The law will be official on July 28, 2010. To stop this disgusting problem we need to speak what we feel and take action of your rights. Stand up for yourself, don’t hold back speak the facts that’s the only way we will be able to keep our loved ones here with us.

Cruiser18 said...
How about you check your grammar? Half of your sentences couldn't be understood by anyone except you. I don't understand how anyone could say you have talent. They're probably even less smart than you. And of course all of our infrastructure would be built without illegals. It would just be American workers being paid to do the job instead of illegals. And in the Arizona legislatures defense, the majority of true illegals are Mexicans. Have you seen the Native Americans complain w... (more »)

MrMutetikka said...
Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:39 am
I am definetly against it because 1) its morally incorrect 2) its labeling people 3) if you want that to happen to you, darken your skin, learn spanish and fly to mexico and jump the border to the u.s. maybe then you may live the dream. 

azgirl0815 said...
i am for it. We profile people daily why can't we profile thoughs border jumpers.

tman5503 replied...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 7:56 am
that true to

MrMutetikka replied...
Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:33 am
ummm...we can't because it morally incorrect. its not right, and its one of the things that has people not coming to america and one of the things why america isn't first in the world anymore...

Kyle T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
of course its racial profiling. Use some common sense. An illegal immigrant from mexico is gonna look hispanic. A terrorist in an airport more than likely will look middle eastern. Its not rocket science just use your head.

MrMutetikka replied...
Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:35 am
haven't you noticed that people can BLEND IN??????? an illegal immigrant from latin america w/ blond hair and blue eyes can "jump the border" and they won't get arrested. 

Nicholas.Powell said...

The point is: They are here Illegally.  They only get pulled over if they break a law (Like speeding).  

You bet its discriminatory.  This is no different then asking someone if they are drunk and driving.  They can only ask if they have reasonable suspicion.  If Hose here can't speak english and has a whole bunch of Mexicans in the back with bags, I think thats where the police officer has to ask if their here illegally.  

What's the problem? Show ... (more »)

ConstanceContraire replied...
NEWSFLASH not all Mexicans are criminals! You know they come here for a reason. obviosly they are desperate, they aren't just going to risk their lives for the heck of it! Mexico is all messed up now thanks to America. 

Ave_is_Rad said...
May 27, 2010 at 2:27 am

just wrote a piece about this, too. I, on the other hand, am for it.  You can go check my article out if you want. You have some spelling and grammar errors, by the way.

You're right, some illegal immagrants DID more than likely take part in building some public buildings and such. BUT they were payed for it, so that is irrelevant. They were payed AND didn't have to pay taxes. So where's the part in that that shows how illegal immagrants are "helping Americ... (more »)

Darkness95 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 2:32 am
The fact is, Illegals, as they are labeled now, do pay taxes. They pay them in stores, off their pay checks, after all, they can’t work and not pay in to a social security account you will never be able to cash. In that sense that is going directly to the government because they will not be able to get that money back.

Kyle T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
but they dont have to pay income taxes or property taxes, the two biggest taxes.