Homeland Security | Teen Ink

Homeland Security

By dennisburr BRONZE, Goodhue, Minnesota
dennisburr BRONZE, Goodhue, Minnesota

Have you ever wondered if homeland security is doing their job and are they protecting the borders and keeping terrorists out of the United States? According to border patrol in Tucson, Arizona there are about 12-15 million illegal immigrants in America today. There has also been too many terrorists attack in the United States.

Terrorism is definitely one of the most important issues today. So what has the government done to reduce the number of terrorists and terrorists attacks? They have relied on tips and they keep lists of their most wanted, also they keep an eye on some suspects until they are caught in the act of a crime.

How do homeland security agencies do their job? They do their jobs just like anyone else does theirs. They wake up in the morning and at the end of the day they go home to their families. The only difference in the jobs is that homeland security agents catch terrorists and are involved in very serious issues involved with the government. That is how they do their jobs.

Illegal immigration is possibly the second most important issue today. Approximately 12-15 million illegal immigrants are in the United States right now. That is according to the Tucson, Arizona border patrol. Many illegals are involved with the drug trade between Mexico and America and with drug trade come murder. Those are only a couple facts about illegal immigration.

In my opinion homeland security is doing a good job. But the government has to find a more efficient way of protecting the border and greatly lowering the number of illegal immigrants that cross into the United States. They also have to stop the drug trade or else more and more people are going to get killed. They have really stepped up the security after 9/11 and have been catching terrorists ever since which is really good. I learned a lot of things while researching this topic and I hoped you learned something by reading it.

i had to get my homework done

Birklei GOLD said...
on May. 17 2010 at 7:53 pm
Birklei GOLD, Raytown, Missouri
12-15 million apparently someone aint doin there job great article by the way it was nice to read

on May. 16 2010 at 10:48 pm
the_sky_is_blue GOLD, Reno, Nevada

"Become the change you want to see"-Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, they are doing a good job with what they have, but there are still far to many illegal immigrants in the United States.  Good write though!