Blagojevich is Back! | Teen Ink

Blagojevich is Back!

April 27, 2010
By Sami4 BRONZE, Wheaton, Illinois
Sami4 BRONZE, Wheaton, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Rod Blagojevich wanted to regain the affection of the public, but due to the fact that he was arrested back in December it would be hard. He was arrested in December 2009 for attempting at selling the open senate seat. And because of that many people don’t like him. So he wrote a book called “The Governor” to try to prove his innocence and tell the people of Illinois he “loves them”. He lately has been on many different TV shows trying to publicize.
In my opinion Rod is just trying to get out of going to jail by kissing up to the camera. Many people would agree such as Terry Ekl, he said “There’s no reason to believe anything that comes out of his book or mouth.” I couldn’t say it any better. The jury should give him no slack because he did try to sell a senate seat and because of that Illinois may never be looked at the same way again. And as for trying to get the public’s affection back I don’t think that that’s going to happen either. He must think that this is just some sort of game (when it’s obviously way more than that). If he can’t see that he did something bad, something’s defiantly wrong. He tried to sell a senate seat. His book may be 259 pages long but, that doesn’t mean that 200 or so pages of that aren’t lies and his personal opinions rather than facts. He even said to the camera that he doesn’t think he has done anything wrong. I feel unsure of how to respond, it makes me almost mad. This has taught me that what goes around does come around whether you write a book or not. Now in order to solve the problem Blagojevich should understand that he is not going to get out of going to jail. He did the crime and now he should have to do the time. Blagojevich should not get any special treatment. What would happen to our world if all criminals that wrote a book got out of jail?

The author's comments:
Celebrities always getting special treatment, and its not right. Why?