Could this law be anymore criminal?

I watch the news at 6 pm. They have the camera pointed to a group of people, yelling. With mouth open, yelling harsh names. I feel sick to my stomach. To watch human beings, people who are suppose to have a heart and brain,be so cruel.
My eyes travel to my mother that is trying to stand up to my lazy uncle. He's laying on the couch, as always. Lazily, he sits up, as if that makes him any more human. Before my mother can even get a fit words out, he screams out his opinion. Getting louder and louder, and my mother standing her guard. She's not letting him win. Not this argument.
Arizona has issues the law that if you look illegal, then the police are allowed to search you. My mother is getting deported in a month. I've been calm throughout all this. The eight months of fighting the law, of getting ready for the worst, and degrading goodbye. All this, and now she's leaving. Sadly, this is a relief for both of us. The feeling of no more fighting, and no more worries. It's all uphill from now on. Or so we thought.
Here comes my uncle, all might and tall. He believes that the nawly painted law has its rights.
"If you were to learn english, Liliana, and be a true America, perhaps this wouldnt have happened."
He has no right. Considering the fact that he married my aunt, while she was illegal.
If we, as spanish talkers, are liable to speak english for the sake of Americans, why can't they talk spanish for us? There are more mexicans, peruvians, puerto ricans, ext, then there are Americans. Yet, they want us all gone? We run this so called, "Free" country. Of course, we get none of the credit.
Since we rather wear rags, then suits. Eat at home with families, then cheat on our wifes with our work. Since we stand tall, they all want to tear us down. That's what no one has been able to notice. We are all fighting with every muscle we got, to show what we're made us. To show our bravery, intelligance, and visionary. Since our skin is a bit tanner, we are worthless trash that should return to our countries. America is our country. Here is our couches, television, kitchens, and heart. We have such a vision of the perfection in a world. Getting thrown to the ground doesn't stop me. We get up, dust off our pants, and continue with our lives.
I have my life to show to the world. So while my uncle sits on the couch, thinking that everyone worships him, just because he's an American, i'm showing that im worth it. I will stand tall. Not for the Americans that watch me fall, but for every hispanic person out there. We can make it, and we will. No matter where we land, we will make our home.

SarahM15 said...
Oct. 15 at 5:18 pm:
I actually disagree with this arguement. I see no problem with a law in Arizona sawing that even if you look illegal authorities have the right to search you. What's the worst that could happen if you aren't illegal? You may get a bit insulted, but it's managable. I think this is a good way to catch more illegal immigrants.

Despereaux1 said...
May 15, 2012 at 12:27 pm:
ok think really hard, why do you think these people risk their lives to come to a country were they are hated by many. I'll give a hint, its not just to be a criminal. 

Hendaye replied...
May 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm :
Firstly, the majority of my immediate family immigrated to the U.S. legally (yes, I know how hard it is), and secondly, I get that there are huge problems with South America. I do feel sorry for people that feel that they have no choice but to move to the U.S., but I am defending the LAW, not putting down the people who are breaking it.

Hendaye said...

I think some things need to be explained:

1. You get pulled over if you're doing somthing illegal.

2. The law is saying that police are ALLOWED to ask for a identification.

3. The problem with illegal immigrants is that they are ILLEGAL.

I have no quarrel with immigrants, and I wish it was easier to become a citizen in this country, but the point is, you shouldn't be doing something illegal. If you want to come here, do it the right way.

Hendaye replied...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:41 pm :
I'd just like to add, I have read the entire law, from cover to cover.

Despereaux1 replied...
May 15, 2012 at 12:24 pm :
Do you understand how difficult it is to come here legally? 

Jon H. replied...
Sept. 18, 2012 at 11:25 am :
Ok, so under that logic a cop should be able to pull me over because I'm black. The law is racist because it depends on the person's race. If you look like a mexican, they''l demand your papers. And Despereaux1 is right, it really involves a lot of hurdles.

nerdypenguin19 said...
Let me get this straight. You want us, legal American citizens, to learn Spanish to accommodate people who are breaking our laws to live here. Where is the sense in that?

callie15 said...
That's judgemental.

callie15 replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
Oops! That was meant as a reply, so just ignore it :)

crossmymind said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 7:12 pm:
THIS IS WHAT I DON'T GET: The Arizona law says that if ANYBODY is pulled over, they have to show papers. ANYBODY! Even though the goal is to find illegals more effectively,e verybody's calling it racist WHEN IT IS NOT. 

Despereaux1 replied...
May 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm :
Do you really think that they are going to pull over a caucasian person?!?  

proudwobblyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24, 2011 at 5:33 pm:

"they work you don't thats all you have  to know about the enemy"

joe kinhand mine union orginizer matewan movie

"ONE BIG UNION" IWW slogan

"the working class and the employing class have nothing in common" IWW constitution first line 

"all workers are my brother" Joe Hill 

the imigrents are my brotherrs they are workers they are just as much workers as you our enemy lives on wall street 

jacked_up_sharpie said...
Feb. 13, 2011 at 12:44 pm:

I'm not mexican. 

Next time you want to make a point, 

make a point to remember that not everyone is mexican. 

eileentotheleft said...
Feb. 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm:

If you don't want to be deported, go through the strenuous process of being an American citizen. LEGAL. Just as you can't help that you are from Mexico, WE can't help that we are from America and now have to pay for your children to go to school and your family to be in our hospitals.

And why should I learn Spanish? I lawfully live in an english-speaking country. When I move to your spanish-speaking country, I'll learn Spanish.

Sorry if this came off as offensive. 

nerdypenguin19 replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm :
Thank you! Couldn't agree more.

wordsoflife said...
Feb. 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm:
Are u kidding? If I were goin to live in China, I'd sure learn Chinese! If you want to be an American, learn English and don't complain. By the way, most illegal immagrants bring in illegal drugs and steal.

Despereaux1 replied...
May 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm :

How many time do I have to say this 

NEWSFLASH not all mexicans are criminals!!!!!!!!!

Despereaux1 replied...
May 15, 2012 at 12:45 pm :

How many times do I have to say this 

NEWSFLASH not all mexicans are criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threefiddy said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:39 am:

What is this? Let anybody who wishes to enter this country in regarless of the costs? Does it matter that Arizona has the highest kidnapping rates in the US? We will put up a border to try and stop illegals from entering the country but if they are able to get in, they will be lavished with entitlements and subsidies? Forget the millions of people who are waiting to enter this country legally, who abide by the law? If a state dares to pass a law (which reinforces federal law), to protect itse... (more »)