Allowing Teenagers To Vote Is...... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Should teenagers vote? Allowing teenagers to vote is not smart. Teenagers might make the wrong decisions; they don’t have to pay taxes, and are just becoming mature.

To begin with, teens from 13-17 should not start voting. For example, they might make the wrong choices. Teens don’t care about who’s president, they care about fun. All they know about the debates are what they’re parents told them. And if people give them the right they’re just going to guess. Also teens can’t think like adults can. So teens should do what’s right and not vote if they’re not sure. That’s why teens shouldn’t vote.

Another reason teens shouldn’t vote is because teens don’t have to pay taxes and pay bills like adults do. To support my reason for thinking this is because teens don’t have to pay bills and taxes, so why should they get the right to do anything. They don’t take care of themselves; their parents take care of them. And then their parents are going to have to take them to the polls, unless they live close. Plus they could be doing more and important things then voting. Also, many teens are in full education, and don’t need to get caught up worrying about presidents, debates, polls, and stuff like that. And they’re not and independent adult. In conclusion, that’s the reason why teens shouldn’t start voting.

Also, teens shouldn’t vote cause they might not have reached maturity. To start with, teens don’t completely understand and they might be voting for the wrong reason. Their teachers might not educate them enough about politics and the world enough for them to start voting. Adults should be the only ones eligible to make adult decisions. When voting you have to look at different perspectives, teens should be focusing on different things. However, that’s why teens from 13-17 should not be eligible to vote.

It is not wise to let adolescents start to vote. For instance the wrong decision they might make. Also, paying bills and taxes aren’t for teens. And lastly, they might make imprudent decision. Vote. Why? Folks fight. For this right. It's not just a word: Vote! It's how you make your voice heard.

iwanttobeforeveryoung said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm:

This is ridiculous.  Everything you said can apply to fully grown adults with only half a brain cell.  

There should be mental ability tests to gain the right to vote.

Saidah. replied...
May 13, 2010 at 8:41 am :
HAha, yur right ! And Now I Do Have Aa Change In Thought !

applesareapples replied...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm :
Mental ability tests? Are you kidding me? Now that is ridiculous. The whole point of voting is to give every American citizen a voice in government, regardless of what their IQ is.

ShattererofWorlds replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:28 am :
this is interesting because, in the 30s the US government implemented a test one must pass to be able to vote. unfortunatley, polls used it as a way to keep black people from voting.

rightbehindyou61 said...
May 11, 2010 at 5:10 pm:
i don't like how you generalize teens in the first paragraph. some teens DO care about politics and are able to form their own opinions. everyone reaches maturity at different ages. some people are mature by age 15, and some people aren't mature until they're 45. however, the current system works by putting a number on maturity, and as far as i can see, there's not really another way to do it though. it's a good point that teens don't have to pay taxes though. your conclusion is strong.

Saidah. replied...
May 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm :
i understnd hw yu feel....and i might have a change in thought now, i wrote this essay in 7th grade im groing up...but thnx anyhow

ShattererofWorlds replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:29 am :
i would probably take you more seriously if you used real words.

MusicAtMidnight said...
May 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm:
This essay seems extremely structured, and you pretty much repeated the same three points over and over. However, you did give good support to your reasons.

krazykathleen said...
May 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm:

Um...that's why teenagers don't vote.

Nice writing though.