Independent People

Humans are animals. Well…mammals actually, but you get the point. This point being that like other animals, humans have instincts too, that trace all the way back to the beginning of our history.

But we don’t completely realize this. I know because we use adjectives like “inhuman”, or “immoral” to disguise our flaws, errors, or flukes in the system, as freak accidents. We do this because it makes us feel that other than these “accidents” we are perfect, we are better. And it does seem like we are, doesn’t it? We have huge populations, cities, a complex language, we think and dream. But when we push aside all the fluff, what are we but a pack of dogs, or a flock of sheep? We feel most comfortable following the butt in front of us, and also have a FEAR of what will happen to us if we leave the group. We wonder: will I survive on my own?

Independent people are the most important people in our world. They drive change. Without them we would actually function like a flock of sheep, following the group until we grew old and died. Independent people are the ones with ideas, ideas that change our way of life. We live in a world, an environment, that will change inevitably, and if we are not capable of changing with it, or even before it, then we will perish.

Always remember, you can’t see what you’re doing if you have an butt in your face.

ElephantGirl523 said...
May 24, 2010 at 12:05 pm:

Hey! I think animals can be very independent!!! 

P.S. What about safety in numbers?

JeanGrey said...
*claps* I love it!!! I feel the same way! Keep up the good work!

HeronHero replied...
May 2, 2010 at 11:14 pm :
hahaha that's very funny:)