The Ban On Automatic Guns | Teen Ink

The Ban On Automatic Guns

April 22, 2010
By arturo BRONZE, Prosser, Washington
arturo BRONZE, Prosser, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Automatic weapons are guns that can shoot multiple bullets while just holding the guns trigger. These weapons were designed to destroy objects or committing a murder. A weapon like this has no right in being in a family’s home. That is why I believe that the United States government should put a ban on these kinds of weapons. I think automatic weapons should be banned from the United States because a weapon that has a designed purpose of destroying or murdering will cause chaos in the United States.


Guns that have the power to kill 30 to 40 people in less then 60 seconds is not necessary to be in a persons house,car,jacket and so on. Many people might think that this is against there rights, but I am not stating that all guns should be banned. I think that hunting rifles or a hunting weapon is alright because there hunting which is something that they are killing that will not go to waste. Hunters don’t need an automatic weapons to kill one deer .when people go hunting they will use up everything they kill, but when people slaughter each other they will not be eating themselves.


I believe automatic weapons should be banned from the United States because a weapon that has the purpose to destroy or murder will cause many deaths in the U.S. I only believe a place that needs automatic weapons and should have them such as the army. The army should be allowed to carry those weapons because they might have to kill people to protect us. This is what I think about automatic weapons.