Why Obama's Health Care Plan will fail

Countless voices call the Obama health plan an act of socialism. Maybe that’s why several Americans voiced out against this plan, in their attempt to keep what is left of the nation’s democracy. The goal of the health care bill, which was passed on March 23rd 2010, aimed to fix the problems that affect the health care system in America. Through this plan, every person in America would have healthcare coverage. So why is it so objectionable?
For many Americans, the implementation of the government’s role in health care was unnecessary and unneeded. Now, America will be set to join the other countries, such as Canada and other European nations, who have failed to do what we are trying to do: providing quality health coverage for all. The general frustration of a government-run healthcare system will be applied, and most Americans will be worse off than before.
This expansion of coverage to 32 million more Americans won’t be implemented until 2014. One will not know how effective these reforms play out for at least a few decades. As Obama said, “It’ll take four years to implement fully many of these reforms because we need to implement them responsibly.” The problem won’t be fixed immediately, so many altercations and changes may be made.
Over the next decade, the plan would cost an estimated $350 billion on funding for low and middle class income groups. The low-income earners may still strain their budget even after their insurance is provided. On the contrary to what people may think, there is no decree indicating that this coverage will be free and painless for them.
For small business employers, the reparations may be a little more brutal. After 2014, small business owners are only allowed to have two years of tax credits to help them purchase coverage for their employees. And for the employers who have over 50 employees, they would have to pay a penalty or provide benefits for them.
What drives people farther from this plan is the quality offered as well. With this plan at hand, the elimination of hospitals and doctors may be implemented in order to fit the budget. One would start to expect very long lines at hospitals as well as weaker quality from doctors and other medical practitioners. One is to be sure that there will be a lack of sophisticated medical equipment and a rise of taxes for many of the wealthier people. With this legislation, seniors who have Medicare Advantage plans with benefits such as eye care and hearing aids will have to get rid of these benefits as well as they come at an extra cost. The cuts being produced are cuts of more than $150 billion, so one should not expect to get first-class benefits. As a result, fewer choices will be available for the American people.
In any case, the 2400 page legislation had me thinking: Does the government expect us to know exactly what it proposed? The bill seems so exhaustive, that one should not expect that all Americans would know what is behind every clause. I can even argue that some of the backers of the plan don’t know exactly who this plan will affect. With the amount of controversy that surrounds this plan, the question has to be asked: Is this necessary? In the state that the country is in, providing low-budget health care at the expense of tax payers shouldn’t be obligatory, as this situation stirs up more controversy than excitement. However, Congress refuses to listen. The only positive role Congress can play in the reform for health-care is to play no role and restore democracy back in the health care industry.

agsmiley888 said...
I feel like most people are concetrating on the the costs that this will have, and not enough on the possitives. I can go on and on to discuss the pros of the healthcare bill, but i also agree that the expense that this will have on people is somewhat scary.  I do believe though that this is a plan that should be handled with care and consideration instead of being dismissed as something with the purpose of taking the liberties of citizens and such.  There's a lot of propaganda goi... (more »)

dragonfly95 said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:37 am:
this has gotten me thinking, check out my work sometime if you want.

cra-zshow said...
one of my moms friends friends said they had a dream that obama steped in the white house and walked past the seal with the eagle on the floor and and took off his face and showed his true form as something not so good.

Tenthmuse said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 12:28 am:
Finally, somebody who has opened their eyes, done their homework, and shut their ears to left-wing propaganda.

iloveglee28 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 12:26 am :
Propaganda? Really? You're going to go that far and actually refer to us stating our opinion as propaganda?

Tenthmuse replied...
May 2, 2010 at 9:07 pm :
You don't think what you hear everyday about how great Obama is is propaganda? You don't think all the news stations and papers are pressuring the nation to love the president? Do your homework, research all the things the media hides, then see what you still think about it. I don't say this to be mean, but in all honesty, people need to at least look for more than pop culture conformist opinions for politicial news.

CJMurph713 replied...
May 13, 2010 at 12:56 pm :
I see more propoganda that says Obama is bad and that he is ruining our country. Maybe you just buy into the right wing propoganda that is more prevelant in today's society than the left wing propganda.

Tenthmuse replied...
May 13, 2010 at 7:58 pm :
Propaganda generally consists of lies though, and I am not right- wing. I am a democrat. Obama's administration is, however, making me ashamed of this.

msv13 replied...
May 13, 2010 at 8:49 pm :
The only reason Obama is so 'glorified' and has a semi-decent approval rating is because of the pop culture conformist opinions for political news. Agreed completely Tenthmuse. This is slowly turning away from a democracy day by day. This is when the hard working people start to pay a lot of their salary off to aid the lazy unemployed. I can't tell you how many of my friends parents don't work. When I ask my friends why, they say, "They get a lot of money for being unemployed so there's no point... (more »)

CJMurph713 replied...
May 14, 2010 at 12:57 pm :
I completely agree with you that it is wrong that people don't work for their money. But I don't see what is so wrong with having Universal Health insurance. Almost every other developed country in the world has it and they are all fine. Look at Ireland, they got it and now they are possibly the BEST economy in the entire world. The health care bill will be good because it allows kids to remain on their parent's plan until they are 26, no kids with pre existing conditions will be dropped from an... (more »)

Tenthmuse replied...
May 14, 2010 at 4:52 pm :
I agree with you on many of those points, especially how Republicans and Democrats need to stop rejecting eachother's plans just because it is the other party's doing. Universal Health Care, or Obama's version of it anyways, takes money from people who work hard and gives it to people who don't. It's not totally wrong, but it contains many flaws.

n2itions328 replied...
Nov. 19, 2010 at 1:18 am :
The writer makes a few very good points. But one stands out amoung the others, and thats the fact that it is a huge bill and we truly don't know all that is contained in it. Another things is the Author makes guesses as to what will happen in the future as a result of this bill. And finally, every one hypes the costs, how about mentioning the way the costs will be met. Oh and lets not forget that this plan is very similar to a plan republicans drafted not to long ago.

Aliiiix0 said...
Finally! Someone who agrees with my opnion! NICELY said too!

crawfordkid This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I must tip my hat to you my friend, *tips hat*, I am wonderfully pleased with this article. Kudos!

Softballfhl21 said...
you seem to know a lot about this, really well written. you've actually made me change my view about this.

Lizzie12 said...
I agree with everything you just said and more. Well written, by the way.

tdnarb said...
I couldn't agree with you more.  It is a very well written piece.