Is There Reason?

The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Our world is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace and we know more about killing than we know about living.
Are bombs the only way of setting fire to the spirit of a people?
Is the human will as still as the past two world-wide wars would indicate? The American spirit wears no political label. When sacrificing for our country, there are no Democrats; there are no Republicans; there are only Americans.

Never would I picture seeing my very own face shine in the light of my enemies’ drawn sword. I would never picture the loss and hope where I am controlled by a gun and my gun is controlled by my hatred-my hatred for the war alone. Nor would I ever picture my hands covered in my enemies’ blood.

A man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform; it is still the crime of murder. All of us, humans, are walking upon one earth, but we are still fighting as if we lived amongst many different planets. We all act as if we were separated by tall, brick, cement walls, isolating us from the true definition of peace.

A day will come when a gun will be exhibited in museums, just as instruments of torture are now, and the people will be astonished that such a thing could have been. A day will come when a young girl will ask her mother, “Mom, what was war?”

musicalmisanthropist said...
awesome.....

proudwobbly said...
Jun. 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm:

in answer to your question 

the state and law crime comes from the state

anarcho syndicalism now

monicalillian said...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:20 pm:
I found this extremely inspiring. I love your work. It is simply fantastic

elfiewrites said...
Steve, thank you for all of the positive comments- they made me smile! I'd love to read some of your work. For everyone else that commented, I really appreciate your comments. I think it's cool how we can all have different beliefs regarding war and still comment on the same article!

wtt777 said...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 9:51 am:
This is a very well written article, but what you are saying will NEVER happen. Humans will allways have disagreements because it is human nature. So in other words there will allways be war and sometimes war is the only option.

steve replied...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm :
you seem to actually seem to know what your talking about for sutch an acevement i congragulate you as for sutch I woul drecomend an actuall news sight or blog as to spred your idelology 

FlyleafFreak said...
This was a well written piece, but war is something I believe will never end because the human soul is corrupt and no one has figured out how to cleanse out sould completely to the the point of perfection. There will always be war, but it is something I wish the world could be without

steve replied...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 1:28 pm :
agreded this is true but unnessary

saimne This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i agree with misplaced texan14, until radicals and the monsters of this world are destroyed, then there will always be war.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:34 pm:
Wow, yet again, this piece gave me chills.  Your pieces are the only ones that have ever done that to me.  This was stunning.

steve replied...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm :

wow you need actuall stimulation instead of teeninc then

olivia<33 said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 9:51 pm:

HOLY CRAP ELISSA U R AN AMAZING WRITER.  lol this is very well-written and the messages are incredible.  well done :D

-Olivia <3

MisplacedTexan14 said...
May 31, 2010 at 10:17 pm:
We all wish for a world without war, but there will always be a bad guy who uses violence to get what he wants. And we must have heroes willing to give their lives to stop the bad guy. And they may have to use violence to stop him. As one quote goes "How far would Ghandi have gotten in Russia" Its saying that in a place like Russia, peaceful protest would have gone nowhere.

Peace182 said...
May 19, 2010 at 8:40 am:
i like this a lot, its a great pespective. keep writing.

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm:
Incredible! I love your aspect of violence and hatred! Keep writing! :)

Shahed said...
May 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm:

this is really nice! great words! I see why people like it so much! I gave you 5 stars, I wish they had more!

Check out my work, I hope you like it!

monicalillian said...
hey i really like this, it brings a whole new meaning to life...keep writing, youre really good, and i love reading your work

dominicana said...
wow this is really good and i agree with everything your saying keep on writing

bluemagnet22 said...
 This is very well written...you express your opinion passionately and in the process you do it with good flow, usage of words, and perfect structure. Even though I do not agree with your article, I recognize a good piece of work and so I thank you for putting your time into sharing with us your thoughts and doing it so beautifully.

brianj replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 6:30 pm :
wow......you are ridiculously passionate about your subject and you express it geniously...i mean it....it may seem like just a lot of "ly" words but tis true.....