Malcom X | Teen Ink

Malcom X

March 15, 2010
By one.love. BRONZE, Watsonville, California
one.love. BRONZE, Watsonville, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
SICK ONE!!!!


Malcom X was an inspiration to many people. I did not know much about him until I read an article about his life. That just proves that our world is so caught up in their own little worlds, we do not even pay attention to our real heros anymore.I f it was not for people like Malcom X, black people would not have the rights they do today. Malcom X did many speeches and had many quotes. One of his quotes that spoke to me the most was "There is nothing like adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson, lesson on how to improve your performance the next time."
That quote spoke to me because even though you go throughdifficulties in life, there is alway a lesson learned. It can be a lesson that causes affliction or allieviation. Either way it is still a lesson learned. I have learned many lessons in life like not to talk back to my parents or teachers, and do not put my hand on a hot iron. The best lesson I learned was never give up, because giving up will get you nowhere. The worst lesson I learned was never put a hair straightener too close to your skin because it will get burned.