Wake Up America!

By , Ellenton, FL
Global warming and gas prices
As if that's all that matters
As we're fighting to lower taxes
There's a child fighting for life
The life woman chose to take
Because she was told he was nothing but a fetus

Wake up, America!
Why can't we see the danger on the horizon?
Terrorists attacks
Communist control
Wake up, America!
We won't last forever
If we don't take a stand

Higher taxes and cheaper housing
Is that really all that matters?
While we're fighting for domestic partnership
We're too blind to see
We're being overrun by aliens

A stand for what's true
A stand for what's right
We get chewed out for cutting down a Christmas tree
While we'll kill unborn babies by the dozen
Legalizing same sex marriage
It used to be appalling
Now it's applauded

What happened to "In God we trust"?
What happened to our "One nation under God"?
Now we spit in God's face
Saying we don't need Him

Wake UP, America!

RumMonkey said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 4:13 am
I support people wanting to get married, and women making their own life choices and people believing in their own religions which aren't always Christianity. So for that I have to disagree with this article.

reed said...
First of all to bring rligion into politics is illgal. Second, who are you to dictate what the dfinition of marriage is. Third, there is a diferenc between a fetus and a breathing human being.

TheJust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm only going to comment on your third point because I'm sure Anonymous can handle herself, but I hope you realize that the point was not whether or not the fetus is alive or not, or even whether it's wrong or not (which there IS no difference and it IS wrong but), the point is that Americans freak out about cutting down a tree and yet killing an unborn baby means nothing to them. The point was to show the irony and hypocricy of the American nation.

K.a.t.h.l.e.e.n. said...
This is great I completeyl understand where you're coming from, and I agree! Keep writing! :)

anonymous replied...
Thank you very much, and believe me, I will! :)

darkangel09 said...
i agree with you though i dont have a problem with same sex marriges. but really America needs to wake up and realize whats going on! you are so right and its good to see that im not the only teen that thinks this way

anonymous replied...
Thank you! I'm also glad I'm not the only one! :)

darkangel09 replied...
oh believe me your not! some people though are too afriad to stand up

freezewing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i wholeheartedly agree. I think that the current leaders of the US today could stand to take a page from many of the early presidents, who had not lost sight of what was important! Honestly, the world's not going to take care of itself. If we don't do something about that, then there will be no one around and cheaper taxes and cutting down christmas trees won't even matter!

anonymous replied...
Thank you!!

bobun16 said...
i agree with this. Thank you!

anonymous replied...
And thank you!! :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz said...
"You cannot rightly govern America w/o God and the Bible."-George Washington Thank you for actually realizing that!! :)

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 11:23 am
This is amazing!!! TTLY agree!!

Shannon_Bananon said...
Okay, you're obviously republican. But that's beside the point. So you think it's horrible that people of the same gender want to get married? Where's the justice in that? And that last stanza/paragraph, about God? You realize it's unconstitutional to bring religion into laws. In fact, messing with gay marriages seems unconstitutional too. You're offending all kinds of different people with this poem/article. Wake UP and be considerate!

anonymous replied...
Or excuse me, hetrosexual marriage is not in the constitution, but constitutional in its own rights.

bobun16 replied...
I'm gonnacomment on this, and share a little quote my friend says a lot. "Republicans are fine just sitting back and being republican, but for the democrats, everybody has to be democrat.

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

did you write this in the 50's or something, communist control? terrorist attack--> America the Number One terrorist of the 20th century and the breeder of 21st century terrorism.

if waking up america means fighting against the freedom of the American people, I say "sleep on America, sleep on."

anonymous replied...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 9:42 am
Bravo! How long did it take you to come up with that crack? While you were thinking of that did you happen to look up today's politics? Did you happen to see how our lives have changed in just the past five years? Did you happen to see how our president is not following the Constitution or the Bill of Rights when passing laws? You need to think before you decide to comment.

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
have you even read my comment. I say, there is no communist threat, (there never was really only in the minds of America) Terrorism is to be blamed on the past 100 years of America's foreign policies, I mean, thanks to America there are thousands of disappeared here in South America, thanks to America Latin America was condemned by totalitarian, cruel, dictatorships. Marines have swarmed the ports of Central America and have made sure to deny the freedom of the people in thei... (more »)