Something to think about | Teen Ink

Something to think about

February 3, 2010
By Anonymous

have you ever really wanted something so bad but at the same time not want it because your afraid of what might happen after you eventually get it??

ever felt like your stuck in between and cant seem to find a way out??

ever been pulled in all directions and cant get loose??

have you ever felt so bad as if someone stabbed you in the heart..purposely??

ever been so confused you know that whatever your choice may be..its not the right one??

ever thought about something that wasnt really there??
or thought it never existed until someone came along and proved it??

ever just sit there and realize time is passing by and your just wasting every second of it??

have you ever really thought about other people and what they go through day by day just to survive??

have you ever thought that world peace would make this world come to an end even faster than when we are apart??

why do we hate people we dont even know?

why do we judge people based on their appearance and not on their character??

why do we believe in things we cant see,hear,taste,touch, or smell?

why do we lie and think its funny?

why do we do drugs to make us look cool even though we know it kills us??

why do we go to school for at least 13 years and then try to be come something only to die later on??

Isnt love about happiness in the long run? why care who loves who if it doesnt involve you?

why does animal abouse continue..when they have feelings too??

why do we care more about what goes on on myspace, facebook, or twitter than we do out in the real world?

how do we owe billions of dollars to ther people when out citizens pay almost $4 a gallon for gas??

how is it that i saw someone who looks exactly like my grandmother today and she is no longer present on this earth??

why is it against the law to kill someone when soldiers do it daily in other countries??

why do i see the little ones watching cartoons that have inappropriate gestures in it...adults say they wont understand but they know more than we think

what is up with all this hate and crime??

what is becoming of this world??

what is up with the news telling us lies??

why do they tell us to hate other countries and thier people (when we know nothing about them except their beliefs)(dont they know we have 1000's of beliefs in the us alone??)when they are actually caring for us...heres an example i got in an email...A statue
was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by
Saddam Hussein to make the many hundreds of bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad .. Kalat was so grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; He melted 3 of the heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.To the left of the kneeling soldier is a small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.Do you know why we don't hear about this in the news? Because it is heart warming and praise worthy.The media avoids it because it does not have the shock effect.

why do we go through years of pain and sorrow to feel on day of peace??

why are 15 year old girls becoming mothers?
If the government says we have global warming...then why do places like florida have temperatures of 30 degrees...or how come the glaciers arent melting?

I understand that helping others is a wonderful thing...but why help people in other countries when we should start in out communities first? We have millions of homeless people here in the US should we help these people beofre we send money that we dont have to people in other countries??
There is a a saying: Why do bad things happen? Because good people do nothing...

Just think about it...is there any real answers to these?


What is your point of view on all this??


The author's comments:
something i wrote last year...just had a lot on my mind and had to vent