Living Harmoniously

As war rages on in the Middle East, life in New York is unchanged for the average American. But my heart is changed. my heart longs to be there to comfort the thousands of men women and children whose lives are changed forever by the unforgivable acts down to both the Arabs and the Israeli’s. Cities are being destroyed, lives are being cut short, and families are torn apart. Yet, what is there to do in a tense section of the world where fighting has been droning on not only since the beginning of the state of Israel but for thousands of years? Although this is quite cliché, an answer is just to stop. The future generation of the Jews and the Arabs hate each other based on a preconceived idea that the other is evil. I have met dozens of young women who will not evil look into the eye of a Muslim upon their meet. A world of pre-thought of ideas of people and a world of prejudice and hate is one that was fought so hard against merely fifty years ago. Although I do not believe, that stopping is plausible in either country’s mind, the thought is one that should be both understandable and justifiable.
A separate state, in what is now the west bank, (a solution that has begun to be put in action); Palestine should be enough to satisfy the Arabs. The Arabs, nevertheless, are continually not satisfied with what they are getting. They push for more and more.
How can a country feel safe, with their sworn enemy in their midst? How can they feel safe when cities are continued to be being bombed every day? Those bombings are overlooked by the rest of the world. Yet for the men, women and children that is their lives.
There is no right answer for how to solve this pressing question, however for the future generations of Israeli’s, Lebanese, Jordanians, Syrians and Egyptians I hope it’s fixed.

beccabex24 said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 7:23 am
beatifully put