The "R" Word

Okay, am I the only one here who thinks this new hot topic in the news, the "R" word, is completely useless?? If any of you have noticed, during this administration, certain things that were not serious have been blown to extrodinary measures. For example, racism. I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, but what I am saying is that is has been blown to such extrodinary measures that if someone does not agree politically with you, they can be considered racist. Is it just me, or is that a bit crazy? Now after some of the racist stuff has calmed down, a new topic has come into view. The "R" word. Liberal media has now stopped refering to mentally challenged people as,(and I do not say this with any cruel intentions),but as retarded people. They have now made it seem cruel and inapropriate to say the word retard. Now I do agree that people should not say it in a mocking or cruel way, but it is now frowned upon and criticized to say the word retard. Lately, Rush Limbaugh quoted a liberal who had callled people in his own party *bleeping* retarded. Now the man apoligized, but the liberal media reported that Rush Limbaugh had said something much worse, when in fact, Rush was quoting that man. We need to stop listening to the liberal media and believing all the lies they are telling us about conservatives. I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, ect. I have also heard many of the thngs that have been said about them by the liberal media, and I can honestly say that Rush, Glenn, Mark, ect. are always right and telling the truth. If people would only listen to them and compare, instead of hearing one side and believing everything said about them, many, many, people would see, and understand where our country is headed and that we need to make a difference. If we teens would only listen to these men, we would learn so much and it would build great leaders and strong, independent, conservatives. We need to take a strong stand against the direction the liberals are taking our country. Our government thinks it can spend it's way out of debt, but it is only digging a deeper hole for us, and for our children to try to climb out of. I want to make a difference and I want teens out there to decide to take a stand for right and to fight for their country. Our country and our freedom is something worth fighting for. Never quit fighting. Never back down. Never give up. Please join me in praying for our country and standing for what is right. Thank you, and God bless.

Maddyandsnoopy said...

Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are liars. However, so is Keith Olbermann. I refuse to watch or listen to any of their shows because they are NOT reliable sources. There are liars on each side. You can't listen to one side, as you say in this article, but you do listen to only one side. Tell me, have to every watched Rachel Maddow or Anderson Cooper? Rachel Maddow is a smart liberal who tells the truth, and Anderson Cooper is a good reporter and the most bipartisan you will find nowadays. BBC Wo... (more »)

Maddyandsnoopy replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 6:04 pm :

I had a typo. In the first paragraph, it should be: 

"Tell me, have YOU EVER watched..."

Sorry!

Bu...Bu...Be said...
Glen beck is awsome dued. So far i agree with the two article I've read that you have wrote.

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 14, 2010 at 8:35 pm:
I don't understand. You talk about the "r" word, but then you say you don't want us to think of it as tabboo like that. Then you tell us that we need to think for ourselves and not be influenced by the media or anything. What are you talking about?

DaisyC. replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 8:46 am :
Yeah, I don't know where it's going either.

Sunshineyday said...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 7:17 pm:
I saw Rush Limbaugh on William Shatner's "Raw Nerve" and have deduced from watching it that Rush Limbaugh is in fact an intelligent man, but he is absolutely insane on his radio show. He yells, and speaks over-ly emotionally, lacking any sense of professionalism. HE uses rhetoric just as much as any "liberal media" anchor, the only difference is his is rhetoric you agree with. I suggest you put less faith in talking heads and more faith in your bare core values, as an in... (more »)

JoCoGirl replied...
Mar. 21, 2010 at 8:04 pm :
I have my own opinion and it agrees with Rush. I understand why he yells sometimes. I would also if I was able to share how frustrated I was that no one was getting the point. And not EVERYONE in the media, by the way. That's like saying EVERY doctor is out to get u, or EVERY lawyer is a liar, or whatever. There are a FEW good ones out there, and most of them are in my party. =) But thanks for your comment and God bless.

Sunshineyday replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 5:30 pm :
by the way I saw Sarah Palin interviewed about this particular fiasco on FOX, and she couldn't seem to decide beetween calling it the "R" word, or breaking the taboo and actually saying it in reference. I was wondering what you would have said in her position?

Tybalt said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 3:08 pm:
You brought up the "Liberal Media". I think that conservatives have a way of blaming the "Liberal Media" for everything. Take Sarah Palin. In the beginning of her campaign with John McCain, she blamed the "Liberal Media" (LM) for misquoting her. Then (when she was no longer the object of attention) she complained of not having enough coverage from the LM. After all this, she still had time to pose for a photo on the cover of Newsweek.

JoCoGirl replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:01 pm :
I don't blame evrything on the liberal media, but they do many things that need to be pointed out sometimes. Plus, I've heard kids who only listen to the liberal media and they never know what they are talking about and they sound, to be honest, like complete idiots. But thank you for your comment and for not being afraid to share your opinion. God bless.