Gaza Tunnels | Teen Ink

Gaza Tunnels

January 11, 2010
By FaRaMaWy BRONZE, Cairo, Other
FaRaMaWy BRONZE, Cairo, Other
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is full of troubles but worries make it double, so be happy


No one can ignore or deny that building a tunnel between Gaza and Egypt has become one of the most controversial issues in Palestine. A considerable size of Palestinians thinks that building a tunnel between Gaza and Egypt is the only way to gain money in order to provide their families with their needs. On the other hand, some Palestinians are totally against building tunnels because it is totally dangerous. In my opinion, Building a tunnel between Gaza and Egypt is a double edged weapon because it has advantages and disadvantages. I think that the disadvantages would outweigh the advantages because of a lot of reasons. First reason is that children is risking their lives every second when they are working in the tunnel because the tunnel may crash down any moment and bury them alive. Second reason is that although education is the first priority in human being's life, some children skip classes and don't attend classes in their school. Those children who skip classes think that the future is in gathering money. On the other hand, the only advantage of building a tunnel between Egypt and Gaza is that it provides Palestinians with medical and essential supplies which make them stay alive. Also, it supplies Palestinians with weapons in order to fight Israelis. To sum up, building a tunnel between Gaza and Egypt is totally dangerous. I think the Palestinians should try to find other solutions instead of risking their lives. These young children who don't attend their classes in school should know that education one of the most powerful weapons to combat Israelis.