The Sarah Palin Problem

Sarah Palin, notorious ex-Alaskan governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate, is making plans to run for president in 2012. If she succeeds in her pursuit, America will be doomed.

For one, her political resume includes four years on a city council, six years as mayor of a small town, and two as governor of Alaska. Compared to previous presidents, some of whom have spent 20 years in the U.S. House or Senate, this is nothing. What is comforting, however, is that prior to holding office, her experience includes commercial fishing, sports reporting, and being a beauty pageant queen. How she expects to lead the United States and deal with the numerous economic problems and foreign policy with such minimal knowledge regarding these issues is beyond words. But wait, she “can see Russia from her house,” so clearly she should be alright.

Secondly, as a supposed advocator of feminism, she certainly isn’t playing her cards right. For example, she’s anti-abortion which negates all of the ideals of women’s rights supporters. She even emphatically stated that even if her daughter was impregnated by a rapist, she would “choose-life,” meaning she wouldn’t allow her to receive an abortion. In addition to not being a feminist, she is anti-environment. She promotes more drilling in Alaska and removing polar bears from the protected status list. Basically, she wants to build more pointless bridges and get herself some polar bear pelts. Other than her infamous support of this so called “bridge to nowhere,” which cost an estimated 2 billion dollars and literally goes nowhere, her accomplishments are trivial and not noteworthy; not including of course her spending of campaign dollars on an extravagant wardrobe.

Overall, Sarah Palin as a 2012 presidential candidate is a complete joke. Her political capabilities are nonexistent and her motives are an insult to women as well as Americans. The United States would be far better off not ever having her hold any political office.

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 29, 2012 at 1:05 am:
The bridge to know where was the best thing that COULD have happened here in Alaska. Unlike the people who live in the continental USA. Us Alaskan's recieve most of our produce over ripe. The bridge to now where would have made it easier to transport goods from island to island. We could drive instead of flying it or ferrying it...

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
Oct. 23, 2010 at 1:21 am:
i completely agree, should check out my stuff

conversegirl23 said...
Have you ever met Sarah Palin? Cause I have. And the drilling up here would help lower gas prices. Who doesn't want that. Plus, it helps our economy. And about the polar bears, their not going extinct. The cub count is higher than ever this year. Just so you know'

Jet_plane_number_5 replied...
Dec. 24, 2011 at 11:08 am :
I love this article and completely agree. Conversegirl23, there are a lot of people who want certain animals off of the endangered list for their own benefits, not the world's. People can be very deceptive, and when you "meet" them, they can be very kind on the outside and horrible on the inside. Thank you so much for posting this, Jordan M., and hopefully making people see sense!