Prison or Death | Teen Ink

Prison or Death

December 7, 2009
By Kristop BRONZE, Temecula, California
Kristop BRONZE, Temecula, California
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

It seems as though people think it’s fine that murderers are able to kill an innocent citizen and only get sentenced for life in prison. Life in prison is too “nice” for the men and women who murder other people. I believe that the death penalty is a just (or fair) ruling for murderers.

The death penalty is a very fair punishment for murderers. Murderers have the choice of living a normal life but they choose to end someone else’s life for no good apparent reason. Therefore, it was their choice to end an innocent soul’s life. It also seems like the justice system shows more sympathy for criminals than the victims. This results in showing that murderers do not get an efficient punishment for their wrongdoing and does not prevent the occurrence of another similar case. The death penalty is a much better form of justice. With this form of consequence, criminals see people that are comparable to themselves receiving a more proficient chastisement.

Many of you are probably saying the death penalty is not a fair or good thing to include in our justice system, but have you ever thought of the number of murderers that get life in prison and they do not complain? It’s supposed to be a form of punishment and not just a form of shelter or somewhere where they do work as retribution. Some of you may think that it’s sending the wrong message of “why kill people who kill people to show killing is wrong”. When you consider the fact that the majority if not all of us have been taught while growing up that killing is bad, then why do people still do it? It’s as I had said earlier, it is solely a choice. If the unlawful men and women decide to kill, then are choosing to do a wrong thing. Thus resulting in the fact they should be sentenced to the death penalty. Some of you may think that life in prison is a much superior punishment. This is a false thought. The anxieties of the fact they will be killed in a month is a much more harsh and yet fair punishment than spending their entire life alive in a decent shelter with food, water, and much more.

In conclusion, life in prison will not punish the most wicked people on planet Earth. The death penalty is the most adequate punishment for any human being that commits a felony.