Constrained Freedom | Teen Ink

Constrained Freedom

By michellenitto BRONZE, Commack, New York
michellenitto BRONZE, Commack, New York

One may describe freedom as being able to do or say whatever you want, when you want. But however, how free are you when the people's thoughts and opinions around you, shape and mold your own personal ideas? I believe that there is no such thing as true freedom, for everywhere you go, your ideas that you wish to say may be constrained because of the fear of rejection and even ridicule by others.

Freedom is an inanimate object that one is constantly in search for. But truly, can one ever achieve true and utter freedom? Freedom has been chased after for years, but has it been found? Freedom cannot be found, until everyone in this world accepts people for who they truly are, and allow them to speak, dress, and even say what they want when they want. For when everyone accepts each other for who they are, people will truly be able to say what they want, without having that overlying thought of constraint.

However, Freedom is a two-way street. It can go either way, you can choose to over ride the fact that you may get ridiculed for truly speaking your mind. Or you can choose to fall under peer pressure and let the ideas of others shape and mold your own personal ideas. Personally I think that everyone should feel capable of being able to speak their mind, because people gave their lives so our country could be free. So why can't we all join together and accept each other for our differences?

Even though Freedom is just an imaginary thought that keeps everyone searching, it is truly just here among us, waiting to be used to it's advantage. However Freedom can only be truly used to it's advantage if everyone accepts each other for their individual differences. For that would make it a lot easier for people to open up and speak what is truly on their mind, and in my perspective that is true Freedom. For Induvidual