Egypt | Teen Ink

Egypt

By alexkohrman SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
alexkohrman SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

The parallel stories about whether Moses was an Israelite or an Egyptian Pharaoh bear many similarities according to Osman. Osman gives very compelling explanations about the parallels between the biblical accounts of Moses’ life and the historical accounts of the life of Akhenaten. He suggests that Moses was the son of Tiye and Amenhotep III. This seems plausible because the time line of the separate events is accurate and the monotheistic beliefs of both the Israelites and the Pharaoh Akhenaten.
According to Osmon it is doubtful that a son born into a royal family of Egypt, trained from birth to worship many gods and considered by many to be a god himself, would deny his religious beliefs and risk his own throne and life to begin a new religion based on just one god. Moses however, being half Israelite would be more willing to accept the belief in one true god versus the polytheism practiced by the Egyptians

I believe that if contemporary people had to deal with the hardships of early warfare they would not ever volunteer for service. Today we have advanced medicines, a strong army, good leaders and advanced technologies. During the Egyptian Empire warfare was an ugly undertaking because the poor sanitary conditions, inferior provisions and shoddy, disorganized tactics led to an impossible life as a soldier. The low standard of living for the average citizens of Egypt led many peasants to volunteer to fight for the Pharaoh’s army. The opportunity for advancement and spoils of war could lead to a better life for a soldier and his family.