I stand my ground

I myself fall into the young conservatives category. I'm only a Sophomore in high school, but I'm not as naive about what occurs in our world as other individuals may be. My father, is a conservative and I have grown up in that type of household. Our television has never been turned to CNN, CBS, OR NBC, instead we have always chosen to watch FOX news, because this particular news channel does not preach about liberal propaganda. Instead they tell the truth exactly like it is. Not only do we surround ourselves with media that tells the truth, we also conduct ourselves in this manner. There is a fine difference between watching conservative news in your home and living a conservative lifestyle. Many people might assume, that I hold conservative views only because my parents do, but if you knew me, you would understand I like facts, and not what my parents spoon feed me. Unlike most teenagers I actually pick up the newspaper, and read about whats going on around me. Today's society disgusts me and I'm deeply scared for my future and my fellow Americans.

In 50 years we will be immune to some of the social disruptions that occurred today. It will become normal to us and part of our everyday lives. In today's society we increasingly become okay with things that our society before us deemed inappropriate. Some of these things have helped our nation for the better others have only turned this "ship" we're on into a more liberal society. For liberals, today's times are paradise, but for those of us who still have the vision our founding fathers did, we know something is terribly wrong. How do we turn this ship around? The answer is simple yet very complex, we speak up for yourselves. Somewhere in the midst of liberal doctrine the conservative voice has been shut down, and it's about time we start speaking. We can't let our country go down, nor can we afford it. Our nation is under attack by the enemy, but who ever thought he'd be right in our own town.

I refuse to be one of those run off the mill teenagers
I refuse to stay quiet
I refuse to let liberal media dictate my thoughts
I refuse not to have respect for the men and women who serve our country
I refuse to buy into the self serving mentality
&
I refuse for the American Dream to be destroyed

ZeeBYoung said...
You say this like it's so bad to be a liberal. Whats so "bad" about it? Canada is a pretty liberal country, and last time I checked they were doing just fine. And the "American Dream?" Lol, take a good look around you because as far as Im concerned, the "American Dream" doesnt exist.

peace_love_beauty said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:37 am
When you're talking about a particular news source always telling the truth and having the facts, I believe you whould watch multiple news sources and read mulitple newspapers because, honestly, I don't think just one particular news station has all the right answers. Maybe you should open your mind a little bit to other stations. I mean, my parents being liberal, I hear them say they don't want to watch FOX news becuase of its conservative propaganda. I hear you saying the same about other stat... (more »)

K.a.t.h.l.e.e.n. said...

Oh My God!!! I think we may be long lost twins: I read the first paragraph and everything you said applies to me as well!! You should stand your ground! I do. I live in the second most liberal state in the U.S. and am surrounded by liberal propoganda. I am so glad you wrote this piece. I can connect with everything you wrote!

Keep standing your ground and keep writing! :)

bellasbyline This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sure, I'm a liberal. And proud of it. But really? Nothing about this world is paradise for anyone. You keep talking about: "The American Dream" when in reality what needs the most work is the entire world. It's not just the conservatives who are losing jobs here, it's all of us. You call FOX news a reliable news source? Well I suppose that's your decision. But if you actually read the newspapers like you say you do and weren't so influenced by your parent's political views, maybe you would see t... (more »)

K.a.t.h.l.e.e.n. replied...
I think maybe you should wuit complaining! About FOX News and about Conservatives and Republicans! You have probably never even watched the channel because if you did, all of your arguments would be proven wrong. Liberal commentators and political analysts at FNC include Bernie Sanders, Alan Colmes, Juan Williams, Greta Van Susteran, Susan Estrich, Pat Caddell, Kristen POwers, Bob Beckel, Mara Kondrache, Mort Kondrache, and former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Do some research, buddy.

bellasbyline This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Hi Kathleen, nice to meet you too. It's always fun to meet strangers. 

Anyways, I have watched FOX news. I laughed a lot. Anyways, thats my opinion. And I never said that being a democrat made you correct in everything. Or being republican did either. Read closely, and you will see I am actually ranting here. I don't believe in politicians very easily, and neither do I believe in these people you mentioned. Anywas, TTFN! 

lszyman96 said...
GO FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshineyday said...
Look, I'm not even really Liberal, but you have GOT TO BE KIDDING about Fox news telling the truth. Maybe to you it IS the TRUTH, or "the right way" but they have an extreme bias and that is not at all classy in journalism. Alot of other stations are slanted, but none as flamboyantly as fox.

SantyClaws replied...
Agreed with sunshineyday. :D

TxDragon replied...
Have ya'll ever even watched FOX?  I watch FOX and other news shows, and FOX is the only show I ever see that has people talking with both liberal and conservative ideas.  They get both sides of the story, both opinions.  Don't listen to what you hear about FOX, see for yourself.

Persona said...
Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight. You claim, with such pride, that you will not allow the liberal media to dictate your thoughts. You also claim, in the same breath, that you and your family only watch conservative media. Er, hello, you're letting the conservative media dictate your thoughts. Instead of receiving the point of view from both sides, you decide you're going to seclude yourself within your own little bubble of people who agree with you, continually listen to things you agr... (more »)

Sara! replied...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 6:40 am
Wow! You stole the words right out of my mouth. I agree COMPLETELY with you

SantyClaws replied...
Thanks for that comment, Persona (:

Morningstar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 8:30 am
All politics and sides of politics have lied or do lie, conservative or liberal. So to pin the lying on just liberals doesn't make sense.
And to base yourself solely on one news channel also doesn't make sense. If you want to be in tune with what all is going on in the world, you also have to take up and listen to apposing view points. You can't just listen to what you want to hear all of your life, it just doesn't work that way. The same thing goes for why people go t... (more »)

zenchick111 said...
I have grown up in an independant household. Your veiws are strong, and not all the way seeing two sides of things. You are blaming liberals for delivering the wrong stories, while yet conservatives have some incorrect facts as well. Might I remind you that if you are conservative, you would have been against the constitution while growing up in the 1800's. Might I remind you we all need to work together in forming our founding fathers dreams. Might I remind you that NO ONE is living in par... (more »)

Starphire87 replied...
Might I remind you that conservative is a synonym to republican? Might I remind you that the whole point of America was to, indeed, make a republic? Democratics think that everybody should be socially equal, then why do they have presidents? because obviously they are higher socially than other people.

ZeeBYoung replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:32 am
The whole point of America was to make it a republic? So? The Middle East is founded on Sha.ria Law, does that make it okay? Of course not. Sometimes change is for the better.

cool2mom said...
Awesome thoughts and great job articulating.....

Joyrae N. said...
I am also a conservative. It is my own decision to be conservative and I do not think that the democrats are telling the truth.

forever_dancer said...
i have grown up in a very conservitive household as well. i agree with you, but i dont think democrats arent telling the truth. they are simply telling THEIR truth...