Oscar Nominees, Snubs, Suprises, and More! | Teen Ink

Oscar Nominees, Snubs, Suprises, and More!

Each year the annual Oscar ceremony draws more attention and big stars than any other event in Hollywood. And this year, it will only get better.
It has proved to be a great year for the nominees including, Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, Richard Jenkins, Frank Langella, and Mickey Rouke for his role in the hit The Wrestler. And in the actress category Angelina Jolie, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, and others have been nominated. This night also proves to be a sorrowful one when we mourn the loss of Heath Ledger (nominated for best supporting actor). The best motion picture nominees include: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost Nixon, Milk, The Reader, and Slumdog Millionaire.
The Oscars will be hosted this year by Hugh Jackman. It is also been said around Hollywood that there will be a special twist to the Oscars this year. I wonder……….
With the good comes the bad and as always there will be many celebrities faking smiles and watching in envy as their fellow actors accept awards. Many people were shocked over the fact that The Dark Night did not get nominated for a best picture award. People (including me) were also surprised at the fact that Clint Eastwood was not nominated for his role in Grand Torino. Better luck next year Clint! Poor James Franco did not get recognized for his role in Milk either. When Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio reunited, fans everywhere expected a nominee for their new movie, Revolutionary Road. But sadly, the two did not get recognized for their work in the film.
On a better note, there were a few surprise nominations for lucky actors. Although Kate and Leonardo didn’t get nominated for their work in Revolutionary Road, Michael Shannon did. He was nominated for best supporting actor. While Josh Brolin was snubbed last year for his role in No Country for Old Men, he was recognized this year for his role in Milk.
While there are nominees and predictions, no one can truly know the outcome of the Oscars. On February 22, 2009 the world will know. Which lucky stars and underdogs will win this year? We can only wait and see.

By the time this Submission will ne read, the Oscars will be over. I hope my predictions will come true!

Lillian GOLD said...
on Sep. 20 2009 at 3:26 pm
Lillian GOLD, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
A bit jaded?