Teen Pornagraphy

By , Blue Springs, MO
I was struck hard today by something I read about teen porn. It used to be a dead subject but now it's turned into a hot button. I was shocked by the statistics. You would not believe how many teens have sent pictures of their selves (totally or partially naked) to friends, strangers, and all across the web. It's horrifying. Now, I'm not saying EVERYONE does that but A LOT do. Usually it starts as a joke, posting a video of your friend getting dressed on youtube. Haha. But not for long. It gets out, gets passed around, and suddenly -bam- your friend is not her own. Anybody can see, anybody can send, anybody can own. It's disgusting, gross, and it needs to stop. Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace now swarm with inappropriate material. This is not ok. It's vulgar; think that's too strong of a word? Think again. Us teens need to hear this, so help get to word out. Stop Teen Pornography!

jessrohr22 said...
Jul. 1 at 8:13 pm
Well just to elect you know Facebook has become aware of it and is filtering that stuff but urban right it does need to stop the only way to stop it is to stop the flow and to do that will starve the pornographic industry till it closes.  

Caesar123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I totally agree with you.

dragonfly95 said...
i agree,fully, it needs to stop.it IS disgusting.

Aspiringauhor said...
Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:11 am
Agreed, but maybe back up your thoughts with statistics and research next time...? Just some constructive criticism.

npnathan3 said...
I agree with you 100%! Teen Pornography is just plain wrong on all levels.

Freethinker 35 said...
Even though I agree with you to a certain degree, you have no right in telling other what actions they can and cannot carry out. Your arqument strikes a fatal blow at civil liberties and freedom. It might seem morally wrong to you, but teens have sovereign ownership of their bodies.

Destinee said...
Such is modern society. You can't have both decency and complete freedom of clothes. It just doesn't work.

theinquisitivedonkey said...
I agree with you 100%. I'm relieved that this issues is finally being addressed rather than dismissed as a minor conflict. However ,there is an enormous difference between teen pornography, and sexting. I think you may have been referring to sexting instead of pornography. But I digress, your article is articulate and well written, and it takes courage to tackle such a volatile issues for many teens.

Cassidy B. said...
This is all very true but the sad thing is, is that our youth is growing up learing this. Because celbs these days make it seem okay to dress in skimmpy clothes and to exploid themselves. Also a sad thing is that sometimes the girls/guys that get their picture out there for everyone are actually vitims. You are sompletely right, it starts out as a joke and they think they can take down that picture but once it's on the internet it's not yours anymore! Teens these days don't realize that and it's... (more »)

Unwritten said...
i totally agree, but its just sad how true it is that half the teens who's pictures are getting around didn't even want that to happen. It was just an . i think all people need to understand it only takes half a second to send that to the whole world.

Asianflowers said...
May 11, 2010 at 5:29 am
I agree with you, I for one stumbled on to porn when I was young, I was able to get off with the grace of God, but it still haunts me...We need to make teen porn stop!

question-authority said...
I agree to a certain extent with what you're saying, but I feel as though your point could be more effectively expressed if you were to provide hard statistics on the number of teen porn incidents and how popular sexting is, like numbers instead of saying "a lot".

Scripted said...
I would not go as far to classify what you write about as teen pornography but I am not at all disregarding what you said. I think a more reasonable claim would be teen nudity. Websters online dictionary states that pornography is: "the depiction of erotic behavior intended to cause sexual excitement." Though the basis of this may be true I beg to differ. Pornography, culturally and socially TODAY (especially in western civilization) is much more than partial or nude photos of onesel... (more »)

JoCo Girl said...
I agree with all of you. I, myself, have never seen any  porn , thank God, but I wish that noone ever saw it at all. It should be completely outlawed. It will take teens who are willing to stand against it to stop their friends from getting into  porn . The power of teens should never be underestimated. If we take a stand and warn our friends, we could truly make a difference. We have a voice, and it should be heard.

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i completely 100% agree.

Marley L. said...
"sexting" is something that really should never be done, but on the other side, should you come across such pictures or whatever from friends, don't spread them! I mean I'm sure you as the author do not, but if more people vowed not to spread this stuff, it would help just as much as stopping the issue in the first place.

pinksage33 said...
You have a very good point.

Amber1994 said...
i totally agree with you. it is inappropriate and, to be forward, sickining. -please check out my poems and comment!-

SnehaChatterjee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 4:38 am
Strongly agree!...