Teen Pornagraphy | Teen Ink

Teen Pornagraphy

I was struck hard today by something I read about teen porn. It used to be a dead subject but now it's turned into a hot button. I was shocked by the statistics. You would not believe how many teens have sent pictures of their selves (totally or partially naked) to friends, strangers, and all across the web. It's horrifying. Now, I'm not saying EVERYONE does that but A LOT do. Usually it starts as a joke, posting a video of your friend getting dressed on youtube. Haha. But not for long. It gets out, gets passed around, and suddenly -bam- your friend is not her own. Anybody can see, anybody can send, anybody can own. It's disgusting, gross, and it needs to stop. Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace now swarm with inappropriate material. This is not ok. It's vulgar; think that's too strong of a word? Think again. Us teens need to hear this, so help get to word out. Stop Teen Pornography!

I feel VERY strongly on this (you can probably tell) but I hope I'm not the only one. Please don't just read this: THINK ABOUT IT.

on Sep. 12 2016 at 6:17 pm
thebookwrmgirl BRONZE, Major, Illinois
I totally agree with you! Teen porn needs to stop!!

jessrohr22 said...
on Jul. 1 2014 at 8:13 pm
Well just to elect you know Facebook has become aware of it and is filtering that stuff but urban right it does need to stop the only way to stop it is to stop the flow and to do that will starve the pornographic industry till it closes.  

on Sep. 18 2012 at 4:06 pm
Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

I totally agree with you.

on Mar. 30 2012 at 3:43 pm
dragonfly95 SILVER, Argaon, Georgia

'' there is nothing to fear but fear its self''

i agree,fully, it needs to stop.it IS disgusting.

on Dec. 4 2011 at 10:11 am
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Agreed, but maybe back up your thoughts with statistics and research next time...? Just some constructive criticism.

on May. 20 2011 at 2:43 pm
npnathan3 SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho

Every day is a blessing

I agree with you 100%! Teen Pornography is just plain wrong on all levels.

on Apr. 6 2011 at 9:51 pm
Even though I agree with you to a certain degree, you have no right in telling other what actions they can and cannot carry out. Your arqument strikes a fatal blow at civil liberties and freedom. It might seem morally wrong to you, but teens have sovereign ownership of their bodies.

Destinee said...
on Oct. 12 2010 at 10:22 pm
Such is modern society. You can't have both decency and complete freedom of clothes. It just doesn't work.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 9:53 pm
theinquisitivedonkey SILVER, Cohasset, Massachusetts

"Why, you, Rodion Romanovitch! you are the murderer".

I agree with you 100%. I'm relieved that this issues is finally being addressed rather than dismissed as a minor conflict. However ,there is an enormous difference between teen pornography, and sexting. I think you may have been referring to sexting instead of pornography. But I digress, your article is articulate and well written, and it takes courage to tackle such a volatile issues for many teens.

on Jun. 24 2010 at 6:12 pm
cassidyasalways BRONZE, El Paso, Texas

"Be the best that you can be, and that will always be good enough"

This is all very true but the sad thing is, is that our youth is growing up learing this. Because celbs these days make it seem okay to dress in skimmpy clothes and to exploid themselves. Also a sad thing is that sometimes the girls/guys that get their picture out there for everyone are actually vitims. You are sompletely right, it starts out as a joke and they think they can take down that picture but once it's on the internet it's not yours anymore! Teens these days don't realize that and it's the sad sad truth...

LivenLove said...
on Jun. 24 2010 at 3:39 pm
LivenLove, Washington, Pennsylvania

"Words are very powerful, but only if you listen to them."

i totally agree, but its just sad how true it is that half the teens who's pictures are getting around didn't even want that to happen. It was just an . i think all people need to understand it only takes half a second to send that to the whole world.

on May. 11 2010 at 5:29 am
Chinadoll BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
I agree with you, I for one stumbled on to porn when I was young, I was able to get off with the grace of God, but it still haunts me...We need to make teen porn stop!

on Dec. 30 2009 at 4:47 pm
I agree to a certain extent with what you're saying, but I feel as though your point could be more effectively expressed if you were to provide hard statistics on the number of teen porn incidents and how popular sexting is, like numbers instead of saying "a lot".

on Dec. 8 2009 at 10:53 pm
Scripted BRONZE, Calgary, Other

"We walk by faith, not by sight"

I would not go as far to classify what you write about as teen pornography but I am not at all disregarding what you said. I think a more reasonable claim would be teen nudity. Websters online dictionary states that pornography is: "the depiction of erotic behavior intended to cause sexual excitement." Though the basis of this may be true I beg to differ. Pornography, culturally and socially TODAY (especially in western civilization) is much more than partial or nude photos of oneself. I do not want to go into any more detail due to the nature of this site but I hope you can follow where I am going with what I think falls into the category of pornography in our present day. Years ago partial pictures would be considered taboo and looked down upon. Today the world has much more acceptance towards sexually explicit pictures, videos, etc. We can conclude this just from how much is incorporated into movies, magazines, music. Take Twilight for example. Tons of children (teenage and preteen girls specifically) are reading about their "role models" and that perfect guy breaking beds in the fourth book, (correct me if I am wrong), not even mentioning the amount of sexual tension involved in all of the books. Public sexuality, for lack of a better word is commonplace among teenagers now with the whole house party and underage drinking. Sex has evolved with our generation by accepting things that previously were deemed wrong. Nothing is going to change. Role models such as Miley Cyrus and Vanessa Hudgens only contribute to the growing trend by having increasingly provocative attire and dancing in Miley's case and nude photos online when it comes to Vanessa. If you think I am directing my response more towards females I admit, I am. The majority of these incidents are girls in the photos not boys.

on Nov. 18 2009 at 4:38 am
SnehaChatterjee PLATINUM, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, Other

Two roads diverged in the woods and I,
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference

Strongly agree!...

JoCo Girl said...
on Sep. 10 2009 at 2:58 pm
I agree with all of you. I, myself, have never seen any  porn , thank God, but I wish that noone ever saw it at all. It should be completely outlawed. It will take teens who are willing to stand against it to stop their friends from getting into  porn . The power of teens should never be underestimated. If we take a stand and warn our friends, we could truly make a difference. We have a voice, and it should be heard.

on Sep. 8 2009 at 2:36 pm
Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
i completely 100% agree.

DeepWater said...
on Sep. 5 2009 at 10:07 pm
DeepWater, New York, New York
"sexting" is something that really should never be done, but on the other side, should you come across such pictures or whatever from friends, don't spread them! I mean I'm sure you as the author do not, but if more people vowed not to spread this stuff, it would help just as much as stopping the issue in the first place.

on Aug. 19 2009 at 4:40 pm
pinksage33 BRONZE, Woodstock, New York
You have a very good point.

Amber1994 GOLD said...
on Aug. 18 2009 at 11:22 pm
Amber1994 GOLD, Roanoke, Illinois
i totally agree with you. it is inappropriate and, to be forward, sickining. -please check out my poems and comment!-