Television Affecting Life | Teen Ink

Television Affecting Life

Television is affecting family life. According to the A.C. Nielsen Company, "Percentage of
Americans that regularly watch television while eating dinner: 66." When possible, families
should enjoy eating dinner with each other while not watching television. According to the
statistic, there are some poignant families who are bothered by having the television on during
dinner time since it is not a tradition. The original tradition has been eating dinner quietly,
calmly, and pleasantly with each other. Is it just the fact that, tradition is supposed to change, seeing as we are in the 21st century. People corroborate on the fact that change is good. Some do
not want to feel like they are in an older century by doing things the traditional way. According to the A.C. Nielsen
Company, "Percentage of Americans who say they watch too much television: 49." Americans
zealously do not want to admit how much television they watch to others because people are
judgmental. Our country and others watches too much television. The
people know that they are watching too much television, but it is like they are brain washed to not
admit their problem. According to the A.C. Nielsen Company, "Percentage of households that possess
at least one television: 99." There is no problem to comprehend that owning at least one
television in a household is okay. When people have more than a couple of televisions in their
household, they are dealing with a problem. Families should coerce each other to sign a document that only allows
a limited amount of televisions in their household. For some, this would be tough to do. They might
want to go a store for a fruitless search of adding more televisions to the household. Americans
need to stop watching the television and spend more quality time with their family. Some would
convince people not too. The sanguine people who would convince people to spend more time
watching television instead with the family are overly optimistic. Americans can give a garbled
definition of what watching television means to them instead of spending time with their family.
People need to be phlegmatic about not being disturbed about spending more time with television than family.