Coming of Age Story: How does money change my thinking? | Teen Ink

Coming of Age Story: How does money change my thinking?

By YOLLLLL BRONZE, Elmhurst, New York
YOLLLLL BRONZE, Elmhurst, New York

My belief has always been to work hard to make money. When I was a child, I didn’t think money was important, but as I got older, my mind began to change, and money was very important. In China, we have the money of god. I will buy this model of god and put it at home and in the store, which means that there will be more and more money. The idea of making money here seems to have nothing to do with my personal background. My parents have been giving me pocket money, so I am not short of money at all. I felt that the idea of making money began when I was in high school. At that time, in Freshman’s summer vacation, my dance teacher found me and recommended me to be a summer camp teacher. Since then, I have found that making money is really interesting, because I like the feeling of seeing more and more balances in my bank account. 

Later, after my parents began to do business by themselves, their business began to be managed by me because I’m the only child. So obviously, their businesses and all the money is going to given to me. In fact, it was very stressful, but I would find it challenging. It was also from this time that I found that I had grown up, and my mother often asked me questions and needed my help. So in this process, I will try my best to help. And also because of this, I found myself that I’m not a baby girl anymore! I think people have to live a challenging life. If every day is exactly the same, it will form a cycle. Although life is very stable, I think it will be very boring. People have to challenge countless possibilities.

I don't want my life to see the end at a glance. I hope it is full of strength and challenges. I'm ready to accept the challenge!