the move | Teen Ink

the move

“Your out of here”! I hear as I walk out of the principles office.” Welcome” I hear as I’m showed around SMS 3 days later. My first time that I’m the new kid as many people point and whisper while I’m sitting by myself at lunch time just ready for the day to end.

Being a new kid is like a new job, first impression is everything. There are people that hate you like you all at a first glance. Being a new kid is also like being accepted by everyone. After awhile people don’t really care about you. And another huge thing is that at first you don’t really no who your friends are or anything. It just takes awhile to “fit” in at a new school.

I had originally thought that I would be made fun of and laughed at. And that I would have to fight to get to the top of the food chain and get respect like I had to do at my old schools. But by the end of the week I was not in any fights or anything, but I had to defiantly stand my ground a couple of times. This school is very different, no one has to fight to get to the top and prove themselves.

Now that I’m about 4 months into this new school year at this new so school I’m still just finding out new friends and discovery how people and teachers act. This switch was difficult at first but then later on it’s simple. Everything has gone back to my same old life and my same old school 180 days a year. Yes, some people would say “but you just moved not even four months ago and your already bored”? Well theirs not much to do and see in this town so yea I am bored already.

Now no people point and whisper at me while I sit with a group of friends at lunch, but still waiting for the day to end. Like I said nothing much has changed but I have learned a lot out of this change that there are more people out their in the world and I have yet to meet them all.