What the United States flag stands for | Teen Ink

What the United States flag stands for

November 3, 2022
By Anonymous

The resemblance of the American flag stands for so many different things to different people. However, to me, the glory of the American flag reeks of freedom. 


The American flag stands proudly for two different men, of differing races, to come together and find friendship and become best amigos in freedom.


The American flag stands proudly for two different men, with some similar traits, to take each other to the homecoming dance in harmony.


The American flag stands proudly for two different men, fully alike, to scream whatever they want at a volleyball game, as our nation's flag shines its beauty.


The beauty of the American flag is that the opinion of it is entirely subjective. To quantify such a majestic picture would be nonviable in nature, yet the renown knowledge of such prestigiousness rings loudly for all to hear. 


The flag stands for individual freedoms as well; even if it means being disrespectful to an extent. Lebron Raymone James in protest of kneeling in front of the flag, or Ninja from Fortnite. There are times in which members of society can deflect the values of our flag, yet in turn they accurately reflect them, because even in the bask of respect and honor the flag holds; it holds a true, raw value of freedom our founding fathers set into place.


Freedom is a strong and controversial value. Freedom allows an individual to order three-triple-butterburgers, granted there are equitable finances for the transaction. Freedom allows an individual to follow their dreams, whether as a rapper or a chief financial officer at a neuroscience establishment for children. Freedom allows an individual to wear a teapot costume, or a Damian Lillard Jersey, or a cowboy costume.


One word holds up the United States flag as it stands in glory: Freedom.


The author's comments:

I wuv witing so much uwu