Do Not Ban The Death Penalty!

A lot of people are against the death penalty, and I honestly don't see how. I believe strongly in the death penalty. My reason why is simple: you cannot replace lives lost. For instance, if a man kills a woman, he should get the death penalty because he took a life that cannot be replaced, and killing is obviously wrong! He is as low as dirt if he killed somebody, and he really doesn't even deserve to live anymore. Now, if the death is accidental, I don't suggest the penalty. But lives cannot be replaced: therefore, the killer must suffice. He no longer even deserves to live if he did something that low.

nycsonya said...
If killing is "obviously wrong," then why is it okay to kill someone else?

JDPoett said...
most of the people that do the killing is mostly done by accident, or the murderer is just as tramatized as well as the family of the lost one. if they are traumatized, then a few years in prison, thinking about their disicion will do the trick. This isn't CSI. this isn't Criminal Minds. this is the real world. i'm sorry if this might have happened to you, but no man. no woman. no child that has been found guilty of a murder should be put to death.

Nickoli said...
I agree that there shoul be a death penalty, but your reasoning is not very educated and bluntly aragant. Please do your research and support your decision with facts.

JacobMeeks said...
You cannot teach a broad majority of people that killing is wrong by killing killers buddy.

Skylar B. said...
I agree with you in the fact that, yes there should be a death penalty, but only for the most henious crimes. I don't believe that killing someone to revenge or even out the death of another is what the death penalty is for. The death penalty is for those who are so disgustingly criminal, so horrible that they do not derserve to live on this planet any longer

Abigail_W said...
Read Dante's Inferno and you'll look at this from a different poing of view.

Sunshineyday said...
well it can also be argued that "we can't show killing is wrong by killing" But there are other cases in which it is accidental, in the heat of fight, or self-defense. Also there are cases in which some consider it a righteous kill, such as killing the freed pedophile who hurt your child. ANd in not-rare-enough cases, the wrong person has been put to death by false conviction. It's much more complicated than an eye for an eye.

AN opinion on something as serious as ending h... (more »)

Meredith M. said...
Jun. 13, 2009 at 12:09 am
Good point. It is impossible to replace the lives lost. I'm against capital punishment, because what if the man who killed the woman is later found innocent, except he is dead. That means two innocent people were killed.

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 11, 2009 at 3:22 am
Hmm. A very good argument and I see your point. I for one am against the death penalty, because I don't think two wrongs make a right. Nothing will bring back the lost loved one. But very good argument. Very nice job