My Vote | Teen Ink

My Vote

October 28, 2019
By 0smerz BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
0smerz BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My vote reflects to a time where America had yet to be civilized. When America was untouched by the white man. When Native Americans lived off of what this land gave them.  When across the cold Atlantic Ocean kings ruled all. Where people, like me, had no voice. 

My vote reflects on the men who perished fighting for my freedom. For the colonists who triumphed and defeated the greatest army in the world. For the lives lost on the battlefields and for the flag that remained standing strong.

  My vote reflects on the founding fathers who engraved the values of America into the declaration. For the men who brought together a group of patriots urging to form a new world. My vote reflects when patriots exploited their freedom from England and declared their independence. 

My vote reflects on how America once was. My vote reflects when several political parties once stood their firm ground in the government. When our republic was acknowledged and not ignored.  My vote reflects when America was not divided into two groups. My vote reflects on a country united not torn.

My vote is hope. Hope for America to return to its former glory. Hope for America to seek change and return to our original values.

My vote is a voice. A voice that will be heard. A voice that will not be ignored or overlooked. My vote is a choice to be heard or be quiet.