We Can Change Together | Teen Ink

We Can Change Together

May 23, 2019
By Anonymous

I see that my community is getting hurt by guns. Every day one person dies that we know. I hate seeing the news that one day it could be me or one of my classmates or even my family... So I decided to take big action, to talk to my community. We can change the community together. To end gun violence. We need to lower chances to get a gun. There are a lot of gun-related crimes that some involve unregistered military guns. The guns are not only used in gang-related, but it's also used in different ways too. The United States is more affected by a gun than in other countries.


 There a lot of gun-related problems that some use unregistered military guns. The AR-15 is a military gun used to do the shooting. the article Case study: Ar-15 by Rob Clobes said “ The Ar-15 was used on July 20, 2012, at the Aurora movie theater shooting that left 12 killed and 70 wounded… December 11, 2012, at the mall in Oregon that left 2 killed and a third wounded...December 14, 2012, at Sandy Hook Elementary School that resulted in 26 deaths… September 16, 2013 navy yard shooting that left 13 dead.” There are more shootings I only wrote some to show an example. AR- 15 is a military gun with that gun on the street can cause a lot of destruction to the community look upon the chart it shows how much there are of shootings in us since 1966 to 2018. California and Texas are two of the most affected places.


We need to stop gun violence because the United States is getting affected. Here in the article “Gun Violence Archive” it haves a number how many incidents reported. “ number of death reported in us: 26%. The number of injuries reported in us: 50%. The number of children age (0-11) killed or injured. Reported to us: 1%. The number of teens(Age 12-17) Killed or injured) reported to us:5%. The number of mass shooters shooting reported in us:1%. The number of officers involved incident reported to us 4%. The number of how invasion reported in us:3%. The number of defensive use reported in us:2%. Number unintentional shooting reported in us:3%. These percents tell how much population of all deaths out of 37,031 that been reported in 2019. This matters because there are millions of life getting taken away. If we lose lots of love ones and it affects us all.


In the United States, California and Texas have more rates of death by guns. In the Article BBC New of America's guns culture in 10 charts and armor at hand shows and tells which country is more affected and which gender and age are the ones that are likely to do the damage or to be hurt. We need to lower the gun violence cause California is one of the top countries that have the most gun violence.

 One thing that the whole community can do is protest about gun violence. I from experience have a lot of family members by getting shot and the person who shot them ran away. No one did anything. If we protest we can raise awareness so people don't get killed more often. Many people lose the people they love and that affected the families lot they can even get depressed. people who are sad get suicidal.so suicidal people kill themselves and most likely with a gun. Talking with a person who can help you can help you. So the article “firearm suicide in the United States” states that ⅔ of suicides are with guns. People who are suicidal turn to use guns to get the pain over. So many people die some young and still have a life ahead of them. This is dangerous because a lot of people die young.

   We can all write letters to the heads of the country so they can hear us and probably strengthen the law. If we do this then we can make the community safe in the present and the future. If we write the letter we might be able to change things. I hope we can make a change to lower the chances to get a gun. We should be taking care of our community.