China's Domination | Teen Ink

China's Domination

By Yuno BRONZE, Tirana, Other
Yuno BRONZE, Tirana, Other

Nowadays, China’s economy is the second largest economy in the world. According to their growth rate, some experts say that they are going to become the largest economy and also the next superpower soon. Of course, it is not the only candidate for being a superpower but it is the most likely. China’s purchasing power has already gotten larger than that of the United States. The Chinese are also making more influential and important projects than any other country and they are gaining more and more importance in the world every day. I strongly think that China will be the one to dominate the world trade by spending a great deal of money on the “One Belt, One Road” project, by giving loans to African countries, improving their military greatly, alongside keeping good relations with other powerful countries such as Russia.

One of the biggest plans that China has is investing in Africa but at the same time taking over the continent, which will make it a stronger economy. The Chinese government has been giving incredibly big loans to African countries knowing that they are not going to be able to pay back. The leaders of these countries are in agreement with this, as they believe it is benefitting their country. Furthermore, presidents of these countries get re-elected because the public believes they are helping the economy through infrastructure projects with the money that is in hand. But in the near future, when these African countries can’t pay back their loans, China will start taking resources along with several projects as a payback for the loans not being paid. For example, Angola is one of the African countries that is in big debt to China. Angola owes China about 25 billion dollars even though they are known for being the second largest oil producer in Africa (Chiwanza 2018). They face multiple difficulties in paying these huge loans. Additionally, they have also invested a lot of money in infrastructure projects, which problematically, are not bringing back the money being spent on them. Overall, I believe all these things that China is doing in Africa will help them dominate the continent because Africa’s biggest and most important resources will change ownership and start belonging to China which will allow them to have more influence and control.

But, investing in Africa is not the only project of China for world domination. One of their other important projects is named “One Belt, One Road.” It is one of the biggest infrastructure projects in modern history and it is going to span over 60 countries. China’s budget for this influential project is over a trillion dollars and it will help China have a better trading route with Africa and all the countries that the rideways are passing through (Vox 2018). This project belongs to the current leader of China, Xi Jinping, and the purpose of it is to return China to its Golden Age that came before with the Silk Road and to make it even greater, or simply, the modern version of it. This incredible project will be one of the key components for China to dominate and become the next superpower since it has the potential to make the Chinese economy boom alongside with their influence and global power.

The Chinese military is also improving greatly and it is getting many of its weapons from Russia, the second largest military equipment seller in the world. The Russian government sold their Su-35 plane for the first time to China even though they were worried that the technology could be copied and cloned by the Chinese. To be able to show their close ties, the Russians made a 2 billion dollar contract and China has already taken the delivery of  24 Su-35 aircraft (Bodner 2019). But China doesn't only want to keep buying these equipment, they also want to make their own and sell them. Now Chinese engineers are working very hard to create fighter jets that will last as long as their American counterparts and be as advanced, if not more. China is also making their own tanks and are now replacing the aging Type 88 tanks with the new Type 99 tanks. What we can understand from all this is that China is trying their best to be a bigger player in the growing military equipment market and they want to dominate it with their new technologies and become the biggest military producer and even have a stronger military than now so that they can have more influence around the world and dominate it with their fire power too, if needed.

In conclusion, even though China is already a very powerful country, I think they are not the most powerful yet. The Chinese government has been taking big steps in becoming the next superpower in the 21th century and to able to do that they are improving their military and trying to sell more weapons or in other words become a bigger player in the military equipment market. I also think that they want to improve their relationships with very important countries such as Russia and make very influential projects throughout the world, the most important and the biggest one being the “One Belt, One Road”, to dominate trade globally and also bring in a lot of money and improve their economy greatly. Last but not least, China has been investing and at the same time taking over the continent of Africa by giving huge loans to the countries in the continent. Based on all this evidence and observations I can assure you that China will eventually become the next superpower and it will lead the world in every way.